rbm47, a novel RNA binding protein, regulates zebrafish head development
Version of Record online: 30 SEP 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 242, Issue 12, pages 1395–1404, December 2013
How to Cite
Guan, R., El-Rass, S., Spillane, D., Lam, S., Wang, Y., Wu, J., Chen, Z., Wang, A., Jia, Z., Keating, A., Hu, J. and Wen, X.-Y. (2013), rbm47, a novel RNA binding protein, regulates zebrafish head development. Dev. Dyn., 242: 1395–1404. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.24039
- Issue online: 20 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 30 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 AUG 2013 06:06AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 2 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 22 FEB 2013
- 2005. Regulation of heterogenous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1 transport by phosphorylation in cells stressed by osmotic shock. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:3605–3610. , , , , , .
- 2007. A derivative of the plasma protease inhibitor alpha(2)-macroglobulin regulates the response to peripheral nerve injury. J Neurochem 103:694–705. , , , , , .
- 1998. RNA-binding protein TIAR is essential for primordial germ cell development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:2331–2336. , , , .
- 2008. Essential function, sophisticated regulation and pathological impact of the selective RNA-binding protein QKI in CNS myelin development. Future Neurol 3:655–668. , .
- 2006. Contiguous hemizygous deletion of TBX5, TBX3, and RBM19 resulting in a combined phenotype of Holt-Oram and ulnar-mammary syndromes. Am J Med Genet A 140A:1880–1886. , , , , , , .
- 1996. Inhibition of long-term potentiation development in rat hippocampal slice by alpha 2-macroglobulin, an acute-phase protein in the brain. J Neurosci Res 43:282–288. , , .
- 2012. Interactions of nucleolin and ribosomal protein L26 (RPL26) in translational control of human p53 mRNA. J Biol Chem 287:16467–16476. , , .
- 2005. RNA-binding proteins in early development. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol 40:21–73. , , .
- 2002. Two proteins essential for apolipoprotein B mRNA editing are expressed from a single gene through alternative splicing. J Biol Chem 277:12703–12709. , , , , ,
- 2001. Wnt8 is required in lateral mesendodermal precursors for neural posteriorization in vivo. Development 128:3571–3583. , , , , .
- 2001. Protein ligands mediate the CRM1-dependent export of HuR in response to heat shock. RNA 7:1348–1361. , , .
- 2002. A role for the RNA-binding protein, hermes, in the regulation of heart development. Dev Biol 247:116–126. , , , .
- 1997. Head induction by simultaneous repression of Bmp and Wnt signalling in Xenopus. Nature 389:517–519. , , , , .
- 1998. Dickkopf-1 is a member of a new family of secreted proteins and functions in head induction. Nature 391:357–362. , , , , , .
- 1998. Inhibition of phosphorylation of TrkB and TrkC and their signal transduction by alpha2-macroglobulin. J Neurochem 71:213–220. , .
- 1997. Steroid regulated programmed cell death during Drosophila metamorphosis. Development 124:4673–4683. , , .
- 1994. Whole-mount in situ hybridizations on zebrafish embryos using a mixture of digoxigenin- and fluorescein-labelled probes. Trends Genet 10:73–74. , .
- 1996. Double fluorescent in situ hybridization to zebrafish embryos. Trends Genet 12:387–389. , .
- 2006. RBM4 interacts with an intronic element and stimulates tau exon 10 inclusion. J Biol Chem 281:24479–24488. , , , .
- 2000. Repressor activity of Headless/Tcf3 is essential for vertebrate head formation. Nature 407:913–916. , , , , , , , .
- 1992. Inhibition of nerve growth factor-stimulated neurite outgrowth by methylamine-modified alpha 2-macroglobulin. J Neurosci Res 31:678–692. , .
- 1994. Monoamine-activated alpha 2-macroglobulin inhibits neurite outgrowth, survival, choline acetyltransferase, and dopamine concentration of neurons by blocking neurotrophin-receptor (trk) phosphorylation and signal transduction. Ann N Y Acad Sci 737:460–464. , , , , .
- 2000. alpha2-macroglobulin in late-onset Alzheimer's disease. Exp Gerontol 35:473–479. .
- 1999. HuD, a neuronal-specific RNA-binding protein, is a putative regulator of N-myc pre-mRNA processing/stability in malignant human neuroblasts. Oncogene 18:2703–2710. , , , .
- 1993. Serotonin-activated alpha 2-macroglobulin inhibits neurite outgrowth and survival of embryonic sensory and cerebral cortical neurons. J Neurosci Res 35:170–182. , .
- 2005. Exon selection in alpha-tropomyosin mRNA is regulated by the antagonistic action of RBM4 and PTB. Mol Cell Biol 25:10111–10121. , .
- 2007. Cell stress modulates the function of splicing regulatory protein RBM4 in translation control. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:2235–2240. , , .
- 2010. Alpha2-macroglobulin inhibits the malignant properties of astrocytoma cells by impeding beta-catenin signaling. Cancer Res 70:277–287. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2(-Delta Delta C(T)) Method. Methods 25:402–408. , .
- 2005. Rbm19 is a nucleolar protein expressed in crypt/progenitor cells of the intestinal epithelium. Gene Expr Patterns 6:45–56. , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Identification and mechanism of regulation of the zebrafish dorsal determinant. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:15876–15880. , , .
- 2007. RNA-binding proteins: modular design for efficient function. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 8:479–490. , , .
- 2011. Identification of RNA binding motif proteins essential for cardiovascular development. BMC Dev Biol 11:62. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Lark is the splicing factor RBM4 and exhibits unique subnuclear localization properties. DNA Cell Biol 25:457–464. , .
- 2009. RBM4: a multifunctional RNA-binding protein. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:740–743. , .
- 2006. WT1 interacts with the splicing protein RBM4 and regulates its ability to modulate alternative splicing in vivo. Exp Cell Res 312:3379–3388. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Nil per os encodes a conserved RNA recognition motif protein required for morphogenesis and cytodifferentiation of digestive organs in zebrafish. Development 130:3917–3928. , .
- 2002. RBM5/LUCA-15–tumour suppression by control of apoptosis and the cell cycle? ScientificWorldJournal 2:1885–1890. , .
- 1990. Crystal structure of the RNA-binding domain of the U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein A. Nature 348:515–520. , , , , .
- 1999. The head inducer Cerberus is a multifunctional antagonist of Nodal, BMP and Wnt signals. Nature 397:707–710. , , , , , .
- 2005. Positioning of the midbrain-hindbrain boundary organizer through global posteriorization of the neuroectoderm mediated by Wnt8 signaling. Development 132:1261–1272. , , , , .
- 1985. Protease inhibitors of human plasma. Alpha-2-macroglobulin. J Med 16:129–224. .
- 2006. A role of the double-stranded RNA-binding protein PACT in mouse ear development and hearing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5823–5828. , , , , .
- 1998. The upf3 protein is a component of the surveillance complex that monitors both translation and mRNA turnover and affects viral propagation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:8721–8726. , , , , .
- 1988. A factor, U2AF, is required for U2 snRNP binding and splicing complex assembly. Cell 52:207–219. , , .
- 2006. FoxA3 and goosecoid promote anterior neural fate through inhibition of Wnt8a activity before the onset of gastrulation. Dev Biol 290:152–163. , , .
- 2009. The epithelial cell adhesion molecule EpCAM is required for epithelial morphogenesis and integrity during zebrafish epiboly and skin development. PLoS Genet 5:e1000563. , , , , , , .
- 1924. Uber Induktion von Embryonalanlagen durch Implantation artfremder Organisatoren. Arch Mikrosk Anat Entwicklungsmechan 100:599–638. .
- 1996. Association of the yeast poly(A) tail binding protein with translation initiation factor eIF-4G. EMBO J 15:7168–7177. , .
- 2007. RRM proteins interacting with the cap region of topoisomerase I. J Mol Biol 369:1098–1112. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Cold-inducible RNA binding protein (CIRP), a novel XTcf-3 specific target gene regulates neural development in Xenopus. BMC Dev Biol 8:77. , , , , .
- 2011. Deciphering the cellular and molecular roles of cellular nucleic acid binding protein during cranial neural crest development. Dev Growth Differ 53:934–947. , , , .
- 2007. Activation of hepatic stem cell marker EpCAM by Wnt-beta-catenin signaling in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Res 67:10831–10839. , , , .
- 2003. The RNA-binding protein Vg1 RBP is required for cell migration during early neural development. Development 130:5649–5661. , , , .
- 2001. Goosecoid promotes head organizer activity by direct repression of Xwnt8 in Spemann's organizer. Development 128:2975–2987. , .
- 2008. RBM19 is essential for preimplantation development in the mouse. BMC Dev Biol 8:115–115. , , .