Patterns & Phenotypes
The protein phosphatase 2A B56γ regulatory subunit is required for heart development
Version of Record online: 18 FEB 2014
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 243, Issue 6, pages 778–790, June 2014
How to Cite
Varadkar, P., Despres, D., Kraman, M., Lozier, J., Phadke, A., Nagaraju, K. and Mccright, B. (2014), The protein phosphatase 2A B56γ regulatory subunit is required for heart development. Dev. Dyn., 243: 778–790. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.24111
- Issue online: 22 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 18 FEB 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 JAN 2014 11:03PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 16 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 24 JUL 2013
- 2000. Dilated cardiomyopathy in transgenic mice expressing a mutant A subunit of protein phosphatase 2A. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 279:H1307–H1318. , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Identification of specific PP2A complexes involved in human cell transformation 2. Cancer Cell 5:127–136. , , , , , .
- 2007. Crystal structure of a protein phosphatase 2A heterotrimeric holoenzyme. Nature 445:53–57. , .
- 2007. Expression and function of alpha-smooth muscle actin during embryonic-stem-cell-derived cardiomyocyte differentiation. J Cell Sci 120:229–238. , , , , , , .
- 1996. High complexity in the expression of the B' subunit of protein phosphatase 2A0. Evidence for the existence of at least seven novel isoforms. J Biol Chem 271:2578–2588. , , , , .
- 2002. Transgenic expression of protein phosphatase 2A regulatory subunit B56gamma disrupts distal lung differentiation. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 282:L1266–L1271. , , .
- 2005. A B56 regulatory subunit of protein phosphatase 2A localizes to nuclear speckles in cardiomyocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H285–H294. , , , .
- 1998. Delayed embryonic lethality in mice lacking protein phosphatase 2A catalytic subunit Calpha. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95:12370–12375. , , , , .
- 2010. PP2A regulatory subunit PP2A-B' counteracts S6K phosphorylation. Cell Metab 11:438–444. , , , , , .
- 2012. The role and therapeutic potential of Ser/Thr phosphatase PP2A in apoptotic signalling networks in human cancer cells. Curr Mol Med 12:268–287. , .
- 2005. PP2A: the expected tumor suppressor. Curr Opin Genet Dev 15:34–41. , , .
- 2010. B56alpha/protein phosphatase 2A inhibits adipose lipolysis in high-fat diet-induced obese mice. Endocrinology 151:3624–3632. , , , .
- 2007. A specific PP2A regulatory subunit, B56gamma, mediates DNA damage-induced dephosphorylation of p53 at Thr55. EMBO J 26:402–411. , , , , .
- 2002. Two conserved domains in regulatory B subunits mediate binding to the A subunit of protein phosphatase 2A. Eur J Biochem 269:546–552. , .
- 2001. Protein phosphatase 2A and its B56 regulatory subunit inhibit Wnt signaling in Xenopus. EMBO J 20:4122–4131. , , , .
- 2011. Control of mTORC1 signaling by the Opitz syndrome protein MID1. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 108:8680–8685. , , , , .
- 2011. Mice lacking phosphatase PP2A subunit PR61/B'delta (Ppp2r5d) develop spatially restricted tauopathy by deregulation of CDK5 and GSK3beta. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 108:6957–6962. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Genomic organisation, chromosomal localisation tissue distribution and developmental regulation of the PR61/B' regulatory subunits of protein phosphatase 2A in mice. J Mol Biol 336:971–986. , , , , , , .
- 1995. Identification of a new family of protein phosphatase 2A regulatory subunits. J Biol Chem 270:26123–26128. , .
- 1996. The B56 family of protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) regulatory subunits encodes differentiation-induced phosphoproteins that target PP2A to both nucleus and cytoplasm. J Biol Chem 271:22081–22089. , , , .
- 2009. A PP2A regulatory subunit regulates C. elegans insulin/IGF-1 signaling by modulating AKT-1 phosphorylation. Cell 136:939–951. , , , , , .
- 1994. Molecular model of the A subunit of protein phosphatase 2A: interaction with other subunits and tumor antigens 1. J Virol 68:123–129. , , , , .
- 1999. Regulation of beta-catenin signaling by the B56 subunit of protein phosphatase 2A 4. Science 283:2089–2091. , , , , , .
- 2009. Serine/threonine phosphatases: mechanism through structure. Cell 139:468–484. .
- 2011. ATM-mediated phosphorylation activates the tumor-suppressive function of B56gamma-PP2A. Oncogene 30:3755–3765. , , , .
- 2006. PP2A is required for centromeric localization of Sgo1 and proper chromosome segregation 1. Dev Cell 10:575–585. , , , , , .
- 1996. Identification of a novel protein phosphatase 2A regulatory subunit highly expressed in muscle. J Biol Chem 271:5164–5170. , , .
- 2008. Notch2 is required for the proliferation of cardiac neural crest-derived smooth muscle cells. Dev Dyn 237:1144–1152. , , , , , .
- 2008. The protein phosphatase PP2A-B' subunit Widerborst is a negative regulator of cytoplasmic activated Akt and lipid metabolism in Drosophila. J Cell Sci 121:3383–3392. , , , .
- 2009. From promiscuity to precision: protein phosphatases get a makeover. Mol Cell 33:537–545. , .
- 1997. Expression of the smooth-muscle proteins alpha-smooth-muscle actin and calponin, and of the intermediate filament protein desmin are parameters of cardiomyocyte maturation in the prenatal rat heart. Anat Rec 249:495–505. , , , , , .