Transcriptional profiling of genes involved in steviol glycoside biosynthesis in Stevia rebaudiana bertoni during plant hardening
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2014
Copyright © 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 243, Issue 9, pages 1067–1073, September 2014
How to Cite
Modi, A., Litoriya, N., Prajapati, V., Rafalia, R. and Narayanan, S. (2014), Transcriptional profiling of genes involved in steviol glycoside biosynthesis in Stevia rebaudiana bertoni during plant hardening. Dev. Dyn., 243: 1067–1073. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.24157
- Issue published online: 20 AUG 2014
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 JUN 2014 11:43AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 11 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 5 FEB 2014
- Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, AAU, Anand. Grant Number: BH 12011
- 2006. Steviol glycosides. Safety evaluation of certain food additives. WHO Food Additive Series. Geneva: WHO. p 117. , , .
- 1998. HPLC determination of stevioside in plant material and food samples. Z Lebensm Unters Forsch A 207:352–355. , , .
- 2002. Leaf ESTs from Stevia rebaudiana: a resource for gene discovery in diterpene synthesis. 50:613–622. , , , .
- 2007. Steviol glycosides biosynthesis. Phytochemistry 68:1855–1863. , .
- 2013a. Steviol glycosides: chemical diversity, metabolism, and function. J Nat Prod 76:1201–1228. , .
- 2013b. Spatio-temporal variation of the diterpene steviol in Stevia rebaudiana grown under different photoperiods. Phytochemistry 89:32–38. , .
- 2013c. Influence of photoperiodism on the spatio-temporal accumulation of steviol glycosides in Stevia rebaudiana (Bertoni). Plant Sci 198:72–82. , .
- 2006. Gene transcript accumulation programs during shoot, root, and callus development in Arabidopsis tissue culture. Plant Physiol 141:620–637. , , , .
- 1994. Statistical method suitable for the analysis of plant tissue culture data. Plant Cell Tissue Organ Cult 37:217–242. .
- 2011. An RNA isolation system for plant tissues rich in secondary metabolites. BMC Res Notes 4:85–89. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Transcript profiling during fiber development identifies pathways in secondary metabolism and cell wall structure that may contribute to cotton fiber quality. Plant Cell Physiol 50:1364–1381. , , , , .
- 2013. Gene transcription of steviol glycoside biosynthesis in Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni under polyethylene glycol, paclobutrazol and gibberellic acid treatments in vitro. Acta Physiol Plant 35:2009–2014. , , .
- 2013. Tissue-specific, development-dependent phenolic compounds accumulation profile and gene transcript accumulation pattern in tea plant [Camellia sinensis]. PLoS One 8:e62315. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. A comprehensive analysis of fifteen genes of steviol glycosides biosynthesis pathway in Stevia rebaudiana (Bertoni). Gene 492:276–284. , , , , .
- 2012. Relative expression of CsZCD gene and apocarotenoid biosynthesis during stigma development in Crocus sativus L. Physiol Mol Biol Plants 18:371–375. , , , .
- 2007. In vitro regeneration of Stevia rebaudiana (Bert.) from nodal explants. J Plant Biochem Biotechnol 16:59–62. , .
- 2011. Effect of gibberellic acid foliar spray on growth parameters and stevioside content of ex vitro grown plants of Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni. Med Plants 3:157–160. , , , , .
- 2012. A simple and efficient in vitro mass multiplication procedure for Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni and analysis of genetic fidelity of in vitro raised plants through RAPD. Sugar Tech 14:391–397. , , , , .
- 2011. UDP-dependent glycosyltransferases involved in the biosynthesis of steviol glycosides. J Plant Physiol 168:1136–1141. , , , , .
- 1999. Diterpene synthesis in Stevia rebaudiana: recruitment and up-regulation of key enzymes from the gibberellin biosynthetic pathway. Plant J 19:411–421. , , , , .
- 1994. Regulation of carotenoid biosynthesis genes during plant development. Pure Appl Chem 66:1063–1068. , .
- 2007. In vitro antioxidant activities of Stevia rebaudiana leaves and callus. J Food Composit Anal 27:323–329. , , .