Generation of transgenic dogs that conditionally express green fluorescent protein
Version of Record online: 31 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 49, Issue 6, pages 472–478, June 2011
How to Cite
Kim, M. J., Oh, H. J., Park, J. E., Kim, G. A., Hong, S. G., Jang, G., Kwon, M. S., Koo, B. C., Kim, T., Kang, S. K., Ra, J. C., Ko, C. and Lee, B. C. (2011), Generation of transgenic dogs that conditionally express green fluorescent protein. Genesis, 49: 472–478. doi: 10.1002/dvg.20737
- Issue online: 10 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 31 MAY 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 FEB 2011 09:59AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 4 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Received: 11 AUG 2010
- MKE. Grant Number: 10033805-2010- 12, 10033839-2010-12
- NRF. Grant Number: 20100025515, 20100002068
- Research Institute for Veterinary Science and IPET. Grant Number: 109023-05-1-CG000
- RNL BIO. Ltd.. Grant Number: 0468-20110001
- 2004. Tetracycline-inducible expression systems for the generation of transgenic animals: A comparison of various inducible systems carried in a single vector. J Neurosci Methods 139: 257–262. , , , .
- 2006. Tetracycline-inducible gene expression in nuclear transfer embryos derived from porcine fetal fibroblasts transformed with retrovirus vectors Mol Reprod Dev 73: 1221–1229. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Tetracycline-inducible transgene expression mediated by a single AAV vector Gene therapy 10: 84–94. , , , , , , , , .
- 1992. Tight control of gene expression in mammalian cells by tetracycline-responsive promoters. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 89: 5547–5551. , .
- 1995. Transcriptional activation by tetracyclines in mammalian cells. Science 268: 1766–1769. , , , , , .
- 1998. Therapeutic effect of doxycycline in experimental subclinical canine monocytic ehrlichiosis: Evaluation of a 6-week course. J Clin Microbiol 36: 2140–2142. , , , .
- 2008. Derivation, characterization, and in vitro differentiation of canine embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells 26: 465–473. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1971. The prenatal development of the dog: preimplantation events. Biol Reprod 5: 194–206. , .
- 2009a. Dogs cloned from fetal fibroblasts by nuclear transfer. Anim Reprod Sci 115: 334–339. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009b. Generation of red fluorescent protein transgenic dogs. Genesis 47: 314–322. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Inducible gene expression and gene modification in transgenic mice. J Am Soc Nephrol 11 Suppl 16: S95–S100. .
- 2008. A cloned toy poodle produced from somatic cells derived from an aged female dog. Theriogenology 69: 556–563. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Birth of viable female dogs produced by somatic cell nuclear transfer. Theriogenology 67: 941–947. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Influence of oocyte donor and embryo recipient conditions on cloning efficiency in dogs. Theriogenology 74: 473–478. , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Tetracycline-dependent expression of the human erythropoietin gene in transgenic chickens. Transgenic Res 19: 437–447. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Epigenetic silencing and tissue independent expression of a novel tetracycline inducible system in double-transgenic pigs. FASEB J 20: 1200–1202. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Dogs cloned from adult somatic cells. Nature 436: 641. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Embryo production in dogs: From in vitro fertilization to cloning. Reprod Domest Anim 41: 286–290. , , .
- 2005. Cancer researchers usher in dog days of medicine. Nat Med 11: 1018. .
- 2002. Transgene insertion induced dominant male sterility and rescue of male fertility using round spermatid injection. Biol Reprod 66: 726–734. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Development of canine oocytes matured and fertilised in vitro. Vet Rec 146: 52–53. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Influence of maturation culture period on the development of canine oocytes after in vitro maturation and fertilization. Reprod Nutr Dev 2005: 631–637. , , , .
- 2009. Birth of viable puppies derived from breeding cloned female dogs with a cloned male. Theriogenology 72: 721–730. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Veterinary drug handbook. Ames: Iowa State Press. p 315. .
- 2009. Generation of a tightly regulated doxycycline-inducible model for studying mouse intestinal biology. Genesis 47: 7–13. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Prospective comparative study of 3 treatment protocols using doxycycline or imidocarb dipropionate in dogs with naturally occurring ehrlichiosis. J Vet Intern Med 14: 134–139. , , , , , .
- 2007. Canine embryo-derived stem cells—Toward clinically relevant animal models for evaluating efficacy and safety of cell therapies. Stem Cells 25: 1850–1851. , , , , , .
- 2004. Dog star rising: The canine genetic system. Nat Rev Genet 5: 900–910. , .
- 2006. A versatile tool for conditional gene expression and knockdown. Nat Methods 3: 109–116. , , , , .
- 2000. Exploring the sequence space for tetracycline-dependent transcriptional activators: Novel mutations yield expanded range and sensitivity. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 97: 7963–7968. , , , , , .