Establishment of conditional reporter mouse lines at ROSA26 locus for live cell imaging
Article first published online: 17 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Issue on Live Imaging
Volume 49, Issue 7, pages 579–590, July 2011
How to Cite
Abe, T., Kiyonari, H., Shioi, G., Inoue, K.-I., Nakao, K., Aizawa, S. and Fujimori, T. (2011), Establishment of conditional reporter mouse lines at ROSA26 locus for live cell imaging. Genesis, 49: 579–590. doi: 10.1002/dvg.20753
- Issue published online: 7 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 17 JUN 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 MAR 2011 12:22PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 10 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 8 DEC 2010
- 1998. Modification of gene activity in mouse embryos in utero by a tamoxifen-inducible form of Cre recombinase. Curr Biol 8: 1323–1326. , , , , .
- 1999. E-MAP-115 (ensconsin) associates dynamically with microtubules in vivo and is not a physiological modulator of microtubule dynamics. J Cell Sci 112(Part 23): 4243–4255. , , , , , .
- 1991. Promoter traps in embryonic stem cells: A genetic screen to identify and mutate developmental genes in mice. Genes Dev 5: 1513–1523. , .
- 1998. Complete dissipation of coherent clonal growth occurs before gastrulation in mouse epiblast. Development 125: 2397–2402. , .
- 2004. Dynamic in vivo imaging and cell tracking using a histone fluorescent protein fusion in mice. BMC Biotechnol 4: 33. , .
- 1982. P1 site-specific recombination: Nucleotide sequence of the recombining sites. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 79: 3398–3402. , , .
- 2008. High-efficiency Rosa26 knock-in vector construction for Cre-regulated overexpression and RNAi. Pathogenetics 1: 3. , , , , , .
- 2004. Essential role of MARCKS in cortical actin dynamics during gastrulation movements. J Cell Biol 164: 169–174. , , .
- 1998. Histone-GFP fusion protein enables sensitive analysis of chromosome dynamics in living mammalian cells. Curr Biol 8: 377–385. , , .
- 2004. Cyan-emitting and orange-emitting fluorescent proteins as a donor/acceptor pair for fluorescence resonance energy transfer. Biochem J 381: 307–312. , , , , .
- 2000. Microtubule organization and the effects of GFP-tubulin expression in dictyostelium discoideum. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 47: 48–62. , , , .
- 2006. A fluorescent variant of a protein from the stony coral Montipora facilitates dual-color single-laser fluorescence cross-correlation spectroscopy. Nat Biotechnol 24: 577–581. , , , , , .
- 2007. Blastocyst axis is specified independently of early cell lineage but aligns with the ZP shape. Science 316: 719–723. , , , , .
- 1996. Efficient in vivomanipulation of mouse genomic sequences at the zygote stage. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 93: 5860–5865. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Desmoplakin: An unexpected regulator of microtubule organization in the epidermis. J Cell Biol 176: 147–154. , .
- 1998. Measurement of cytosolic, mitochondrial, and Golgi pH in single living cells with green fluorescent proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95: 6803–6808. , , , , .
- 2006. PIN-G-a novel reporter for imaging and defining the effects of trafficking signals in membrane proteins. BMC Biotechnol 6: 15. , , , , .
- 2000. The dynamic behavior of the APC-binding protein EB1 on the distal ends of microtubules. Curr Biol 10: 865–868. , , .
- 2002. A variant of yellow fluorescent protein with fast and efficient maturation for cell-biological applications. Nat Biotechnol 20: 87–90. , , , , , .
- 2000. Cre recombinase: The universal reagent for genome tailoring. Genesis 26: 99–109. .
- 1991. Efficient selection for high-expression transfectants with a novel eukaryotic vector. Gene 108: 193–199. , , .
- 2000. Z/EG, a double reporter mouse line that expresses enhanced green fluorescent protein upon Cre-mediated excision. Genesis 28: 147–155. , , , , .
- 2010. Pronuclear injection-based mouse targeted transgenesis for reproducible and highly efficient transgene expression. Nucleic Acids Res 38: e198. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Imaging cells in the developing nervous system with retrovirus expressing modified green fluorescent protein. Exp Neurol 156: 394–406. , , , , .
- 2000. Phosphorylation of tyrosine residues 31 and 118 on paxillin regulates cell migration through an association with CRK in NBT-II cells. J Cell Biol 148: 957–970. , , , , , .
- 2003. Organization and dynamics of growing microtubule plus ends during early mitosis. Mol Biol Cell 14: 916–925. , .
- 2008. GLUT4 vesicle recruitment and fusion are differentially regulated by Rac. AS160, and Rab8A in muscle cells. J Biol Chem 283: 27208–27219. , , , , , , .
- 2006. In vivo imaging and differential localization of lipid-modified GFP-variant fusions in embryonic stem cells and mice. Genesis 44: 202–218. , , , , , , .
- 1995. Chimeric green fluorescent protein as a tool for visualizing subcellular organelles in living cells. Curr Biol 5: 635–642. , , , , .
- 2004. Improved monomeric red, orange and yellow fluorescent proteins derived from Discosoma sp. red fluorescent protein. Nat Biotechnol 22: 1567–1572. , , , , , .
- 2009. Discovery of green fluorescent protein (GFP) (Nobel Lecture). Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 48: 5590–5602. .
- 1999. Generalized lacZ expression with the ROSA26 Cre reporter strain. Nat Genet 21: 70–71. .
- 2001. Cre reporter strains produced by targeted insertion of EYFP and ECFP into the ROSA26 locus. BMC Dev Biol 1: 4. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Dual fluorescent protein reporters for studying cell behaviors in vivo. Genesis 47: 708–717. , , , , .
- 1999. A versatile microporation technique for the transfection of cultured CNS neurons. J Neurosci Methods 93: 37–48. , , , , .
- 2008. Use of the viral 2A peptide for bicistronic expression in transgenic mice. BMC Biol 6: 40. , , .
- 2005. Semi-rational engineering of a coral fluorescent protein into an efficient highlighter. EMBO Rep 6: 233–238. , , , , .
- 2006. Clonal analysis of mouse development reveals a polyclonal origin for yolk sac blood islands. Dev Cell 11: 519–533. , .
- 1997. Microfilament dynamics during cell movement and chemotaxis monitored using a GFP-actin fusion protein. Curr Biol 7: 176–183. , , , , , , , .
- 1993a. novel negative selection for homologous recombinants using diphtheria toxin A fragment gene. Anal Biochem 214: 77–86. , , , , , ,
- 1993b. A novel ES cell line. TT2, with high germline-differentiating potency. Anal Biochem 214: 70–76. , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2005. Regulation of ocular lens development by Smad-interacting protein 1 involving Foxe3 activation. Development 132: 4437–4448. , , , .
- 1997. Disruption of overlapping transcripts in the ROSA beta geo 26 gene trap strain leads to widespread expression of beta-galactosidase in mouse embryos and hematopoietic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94: 3789–3794. , , , , , .