Xenopus staufen2 is required for anterior endodermal organ formation
Version of Record online: 17 FEB 2012
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Special Issue: Xenopus Special Issue
Volume 50, Issue 3, pages 251–259, March 2012
How to Cite
Bilogan, C. K. and Horb, M. E. (2012), Xenopus staufen2 is required for anterior endodermal organ formation. Genesis, 50: 251–259. doi: 10.1002/dvg.22000
- Issue online: 2 MAR 2012
- Version of Record online: 17 FEB 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 DEC 2011 01:49AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 29 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Received: 8 NOV 2011
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: DK077197
- 2004. Two distinct Staufen isoforms in Xenopus are vegetally localized during oogenesis. RNA 10: 1751–1763. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Staufen-dependent localization of prospero mRNA contributes to neuroblast daughter-cell fate. Nature 391: 792–795. , , .
- 1999. Identification of a novel homolog of the Drosophila staufen protein in the chromosome 8q13-q21.1 region. Genomics 62: 113–118. , , , , .
- 1987. Fate map for the 32-cell stage of Xenopus laevis. Development 99: 527–551. , .
- 1995. Pax3 inhibits myogenic differentiation of cultured myoblast cells. J Biol Chem 270: 11719–11722. , , , , .
- 1994. Staufen protein associates with the 3′UTR of bicoid mRNA to form particles that move in a microtubule-dependent manner. Cell 79: 1221–1232. , , , .
- 2005. Polarised distribution of the RNA-binding protein Staufen in differentiated intestinal epithelial cells. FEBS Lett 579: 2226–2230. , , , .
- 2009. SMD and NMD are competitive pathways that contribute to myogenesis: Effects on PAX3 and myogenin mRNAs. Genes Dev 23: 54–66. , , , , .
- 2010. BrunoL1 regulates endoderm proliferation through translational enhancement of cyclin A2 mRNA. Dev Biol 345: 156–169. , .
- 2009. Xenopus Insm1 is essential for gastrointestinal and pancreatic endocrine cell development. Dev Dyn 238: 2505–2510. , , .
- 2003. Experimental conversion of liver to pancreas. Curr Biol 13: 105–115. , , , .
- 1997. A vegetally localized T-box transcription factor in Xenopus eggs specifies mesoderm and endoderm and is essential for embryonic mesoderm formation. Development 124: 1689–1698. , .
- 2007. Differential ability of Ptf1a and Ptf1a-VP16 to convert stomach, duodenum and liver to pancreas. Dev Biol 304: 786–799. , , , , , .
- 2004. Kinesin transports RNA: Isolation and characterization of an RNA-transporting granule. Neuron 43: 513–525. , , .
- 2005a. Measurement of dendritic mRNA transport using ribosomal markers. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 328: 895–900. , , , .
- 2005b. Mammalian Staufen1 recruits Upf1 to specific mRNA 3′UTRs so as to elicit mRNA decay. Cell 120: 195–208. , , , .
- 2003. The power of the 3′ UTR: Translational control and development. Nat Rev Genet 4: 626–637. , .
- 1996. Expression cloning of a Xenopus T-related gene (Xombi) involved in mesodermal patterning and blastopore lip formation. Development 122: 4001–4012. , , , .
- 2003. Barentsz, a new component of the Staufen-containing ribonucleoprotein particles in mammalian cells, interacts with Staufen in an RNA-dependent manner. J Neurosci 23: 5778–5788. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Nil per os encodes a conserved RNA recognition motif protein required for morphogenesis and cytodifferentiation of digestive organs in zebrafish. Development 130: 3917–3928. , .
- 2007. Repression of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the anterior endoderm is essential for liver and pancreas development. Development 134: 2207–2217. , , .
- 2007. Retinoic acid-mediated patterning of the pre-pancreatic endoderm in Xenopus operates via direct and indirect mechanisms. Mech Dev 124: 518–531. , , , .
- 2009. Xenopus pancreas development. Dev Dyn 238: 1271–1286. , , , , .
- 2006. Zebrafish Staufen1 and Staufen2 are required for the survival and migration of primordial germ cells. Dev Biol 292: 393–406. , , , .
- 2000. Staufen: A common component of mRNA transport in oocytes and neurons? Trends Cell Biol 10: 220–224. , .
- 2003. The dsRNA binding protein family: Critical roles, diverse cellular functions. FASEB J 17: 961–983. , .
- 2000. Mouse staufen genes are expressed in germ cells during oogenesis and spermatogenesis. Mol Hum Reprod 6: 983–991. , , , , , .
- 1998. Miranda mediates asymmetric protein and RNA localization in the developing nervous system. Genes Dev 12: 1847–1857. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Miranda as a multidomain adapter linking apically localized Inscuteable and basally localized Staufen and Prospero during asymmetric cell division in Drosophila. Genes Dev 12: 1837–1846. , , , , , .
- 2006. Global analysis of the transcriptional network controlling Xenopus endoderm formation. Development 133: 1955–1966. , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. The RNA-binding protein, Vg1RBP, is required for pancreatic fate specification. Dev Biol 292: 442–456. , .
- 2008. The Gata5 target, TGIF2, defines the pancreatic region by modulating BMP signals within the endoderm. Development 135: 451–461. , .
- 1995. The intracellular localization of messenger RNAs. Cell 81: 161–170. .
- 1991. Staufen, a gene required to localize maternal RNAs in the Drosophila egg. Cell 66: 51–63. , , .
- 1989. Multiple steps in the localization of bicoid RNA to the anterior pole of the Drosophila oocyte. Development 107( Suppl): 13–19. , , , , .
- 1996. The Xenopus T-box gene, Antipodean, encodes a vegetally localised maternal mRNA and can trigger mesoderm formation. Development 122: 4179–4188. , , .
- 2004. The double-stranded-RNA-binding motif: Interference and much more. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5: 1013–1023. , , , .
- 2000. Early mouse endoderm is patterned by soluble factors from adjacent germ layers. Development 127: 1563–1572. , .
- 2001. Maternal VegT is the initiator of a molecular network specifying endoderm in Xenopus laevis. Development 128: 167–180. , , , .
- 2004. Xenopus Staufen is a component of a ribonucleoprotein complex containing Vg1 RNA and kinesin. Development 131: 3035–3045. , .
- 1996. Xenopus VegT RNA is localized to the vegetal cortex during oogenesis and encodes a novel T-box transcription factor involved in mesodermal patterning. Development 122: 4119–4129. , .
- 1999. Anterior endomesoderm specification in Xenopus by Wnt/beta-catenin and TGF-beta signalling pathways. Dev Biol 209: 282–297. , , .
- 2009. Vertebrate endoderm development and organ formation. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 25: 221–251. , .