Prevalence of eating disorders among blacks in the national survey of American life
Version of Record online: 18 SEP 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
International Journal of Eating Disorders
Special Issue: International Journal of Eating Disorders Special Supplement on Diagnosis and Classification
Volume 40, Issue S3, pages S10–S14, November 2007
How to Cite
Taylor, J. Y., Caldwell, C. H., Baser, R. E., Faison, N. and Jackson, J. S. (2007), Prevalence of eating disorders among blacks in the national survey of American life. Int. J. Eat. Disord., 40: S10–S14. doi: 10.1002/eat.20451
- Issue online: 26 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 18 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 JUL 2007
- National Institute of Mental Health. Grant Numbers: 1P01 MH58565, 1T32 MH67555, U01-MH57716
- National Institute on Aging. Grant Number: 5R01 AG02020282
- National Institutes of Health Office of Behavioral and Social Science Research
- National Institute on Drug
- 5Sample design, weighting and variance estimation for the 2001–2003 National Survey of American Life (NSAL) Adult Sample.” Technical Report. Survey Research Center of the Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan, 2006., , , .
- 8American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th ed. (DSM-IV-TR). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association, 2000.
- 10Regression models and life-tables. J R Stat Soc Ser B (Methodological) 1972; 34: 187–220..
- 11SAS Institute. SAS/STAT User's Guide, Version 9.1. Cary, NC: SAS Institute, 2005.
- 13African American women and eating disturbances: A meta-analysis. J Black Psychol 2003; 29: 3–16..
- 15Race and self-regulatory behaviors: The role of the stress response and HPA axis in physical and mental health disparities. In: CarstensenLL,SchaieKW, editors. Social Structure, Aging and Self-Regulation in the Elderly. New York: Springer, 2006, pp. 189–207., .