Thinking afresh about the classification of eating disorders
Version of Record online: 14 SEP 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
International Journal of Eating Disorders
Special Issue: International Journal of Eating Disorders Special Supplement on Diagnosis and Classification
Volume 40, Issue S3, pages S107–S110, November 2007
How to Cite
Fairburn, C. G. and Cooper, Z. (2007), Thinking afresh about the classification of eating disorders. Int. J. Eat. Disord., 40: S107–S110. doi: 10.1002/eat.20460
- Issue online: 26 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 14 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 JUL 2007
- 1American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association, 1994.
- 5Don't forget EDNOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified): Patterns of service use in an eating disorders service. Psychiatr Bull 2005; 29: 134–136., , , .
- 7Latent profile analysis of a cohort of patients with eating disorders not otherwise specified. Int J Eat Disord (in press)., , , , , , et al.
- 8Eating disorder not otherwise specified: The view from a tertiary care treatment center. Int J Eat Disord (in press)., , .
- 9Eating disorder not otherwise specified in an inpatient unit: The impact of altering the DSM-IV criteria for anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. Eur Eat Disord Rev (in press)., .
- 15Is there a place for obesity in DSM-V? Int J Eat Disord (in press)..
- 16Atypical eating disorders (eating disorder not otherwise specified). In: FairburnCG,BrownellKD, editors. Eating Disorders and Obesity: A Comprehensive Handbook, 2nd ed. New York: Guilford Press, 2002, pp. 171–177., .
- 17The derivation of an operational definition of an “eating disorder”. Paper presented at the International Conference on Eating Disorders,Baltimore, May 4, 2007., , , , , .
- 18Classification. In: GelderMG,Lopez-IborJJ,AndreasenN, editors. New Oxford Textbook of Psychiatry. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000, pp. 109–133..
- 19The Role of Diagnosis in Psychiatry. Oxford: Blackwell, 1975..
- 20Purging disorder. Int J Eat Disord (in press)..
- 22Eating disorders: The transdiagnostic view and the cognitive behavioral theory. In: FairburnCG,editor. Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Eating Disorders. New York: Guilford Press (in press)..
- 23Enhanced cognitive behavior therapy for eating disorders: The core protocol. In: FairburnCG,editor. Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Eating Disorders. New York: Guilford Press (in press)., , , , , , .
- 24Transdiagnostic cognitive behavior therapy: Effects and significance. Plenary address at the International Conference on Eating Disorders, Baltimore, May 5, 2007..