Financial disclosure and conflict of interest: Susan L. McElroy, MD, is employed by the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati Physicians, and the Lindner Center of HOPE. Dr. McElroy is a consultant to, or member of the scientific advisory boards of: Eli Lilly and Company, Schering-Plough. Dr. McElroy is a principal or co-investigator on research studies sponsored by: Abbott Laboratories, Alkermes, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Cephalon, Eli Lilly and Company, Forest Labs, GalaxoSmith Kline, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Marriott Foundation, National Institute of Mental Health, Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc., Shire, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited. Patents: Dr. Susan L. McElroy is also inventor on United States Patent No. 6,323,236 B2, Use of Sulfamate Derivatives for Treating Impulse Control Disorders, and, along with the patent's assignee, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, has received payments from Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C., which has exclusive rights under the patent.
Article first published online: 15 NOV 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
International Journal of Eating Disorders
Volume 44, Issue 1, pages 81–90, January 2011
How to Cite
McElroy, S. L., Guerdjikova, A. I., Winstanley, E. L., O'Melia, A. M., Mori, N., McCoy, J., Keck, P. E. and Hudson, J. I. (2011), Acamprosate in the treatment of binge eating disorder: A placebo-controlled trial. Int. J. Eat. Disord., 44: 81–90. doi: 10.1002/eat.20876
Dr. Keck is employed by the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati Physicians, and the Lindner Center of HOPE. Dr. Keck is presently or has been in the past year a principal or coinvestigator on research studies sponsored by: Alkermes, AstraZeneca, Cephalon, GlaxoSmithKline, Eli Lilly and Company, Epi-Q, Inc., Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Marriott Foundation, National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), Orexigen, Pfizer, Inc., Shire. Dr. Keck has been reimbursed for consulting to, in the past year: 2010: Sepracor, Inc., Medco; 2009: GlaxoSmithKline, Schering Plough, BristolMyersSquibb, Pfizer, QuantiaMD. Patents: Dr. Paul E. Keck, Jr. is a co inventor on United States Patent No. 6,387,956: Shapira NA, Goldsmith TD, Keck, PE Jr. (University of Cincinnati) Methods of treating obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorder comprises the step of administering an effective amount of tramadol to an individual. Filed March 25, 1999; approved May 14, 2002. Dr. Keck has received no financial gain from this patent.
Dr. Hudson has been a consultant for Eli Lilly, Pfizer, and Alkermes; and has received grant support from Eli Lilly, Otsuka, and Ortho-McNeil Janssen Scientific Affairs. Drs. O'Melia, Winstanley and Guerdjikova and Mrs. Mori and McCoy have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
Supported by Forest Labs.
- Issue published online: 8 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 15 NOV 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 AUG 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!