Compulsive exercise: The role of personality, psychological morbidity, and disordered eating
Version of Record online: 14 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
International Journal of Eating Disorders
Volume 44, Issue 7, pages 655–660, November 2011
How to Cite
Goodwin, H., Haycraft, E., Willis, A.-M. and Meyer, C. (2011), Compulsive exercise: The role of personality, psychological morbidity, and disordered eating. Int. J. Eat. Disord., 44: 655–660. doi: 10.1002/eat.20902
- Issue online: 13 OCT 2011
- Version of Record online: 14 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 NOV 2010
- Loughborough University
- 1American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association, 1994.
- 2Psychometric evaluation of the compulsive exercise test (CET) in an adolescent population: Links with eating psychopathology. Eur Eat Dis Rev (in press)., , , .
- 3Disordered eating and exercise: Development and preliminary validation of the compulsive exercise test (CET). Eur Eat Dis Rev (in press)., , .
- 11Psychological characteristics of the obligatory runner: A critical examination of the anorexia analogue hypothesis. J Sport Exerc Psychol 1993; 15: 338–354., .
- 12The relationship between exercise dependence symptoms and perfectionism. Am J Health Stud 2003; 18: 133–137., .
- 21Compulsive exercise and eating disorders. Eur Eat Disord Rev (in press)., , , .
- 22Office for National Statistics. Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Available at: http://neighbourhood. statistics.gov.uk/: Last accessed on: February 15, 2009. 2008
- 23Child Growth Foundation. Cross Sectional Stature and Weight Reference Curves for the UK. London, United Kingdom: Child Growth Foundation, 1996.
- 24Eating Disorder Inventory-2: Professional Manual. Odessa, Fla: Psychological Assessment Resources, 1991..
- 26The child-adolescent perfectionism scale: Development, validation, and association with adjustment. Report No. 203, Psychology Department, York University, North York, Ontario, Canada, 1992., , , , .
- 32The measurement of social physique anxiety. J Sport Exerc Psychol 1989; 11: 94–104., , .
- 34The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale manual. Windsor: NFER-Nelson, 1994., .