The therapeutic alliance in the early part of cognitive-behavioral therapy for the eating disorders
Article first published online: 14 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
International Journal of Eating Disorders
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 63–69, January 2012
How to Cite
Waller, G., Evans, J. and Stringer, H. (2012), The therapeutic alliance in the early part of cognitive-behavioral therapy for the eating disorders. Int. J. Eat. Disord., 45: 63–69. doi: 10.1002/eat.20914
- Issue published online: 14 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 14 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 NOV 2010
- 3Meta-analysis of therapist effects in psychotherapy outcome studies. Psychother Res 1991; 1: 81–91., , , , , , et al.
- 4Cognitive Therapy of Depression. New York: Guilford, 1979., , , .
- 7The generalizability of the psychoanalytic concept of the working alliance. Psychotherapy Theory Res Practice 1979; 16: 252–260..
- 8Cognitive behavioral therapy for bulimia nervosa. In: Garner DM,Garfinkel PE, editors. Handbook of Treatment for Eating Disorders. New York: Guilford, 1997, pp. 67–93., , .
- 9National Institute for Clinical Excellence. Eating Disorders: Core Interventions in the Treatment and Management of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Related Eating Disorders. London, UK: British Psychological Society, 2004.
- 11Gilbert,Leahy RL, editors. The Therapeutic Relationship in the Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapies. London: Routledge, 2007.
- 12Miller KJ,Mizes JS, editors. Comparative Treatments of Eating Disorders. New York: Free Association Books, 2000.
- 16A social-cognitive model of validation. In: Gilbert P., editor. Compassion: Conceptualisations, Research and Use in Psychotherapy. London: Brunner-Routledge, 2005, pp. 195–217..
- 20Cognitive-behavioral therapy for the eating disorders: A comprehensive treatment guide. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2007., , , , , , .
- 21Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Eating Disorders. New York: Guilford, 2008..
- 23Cognitive behavioural therapy for the eating disorders: Getting off to a flying start. In: Fox J,Goss K, editors. Eating and Its Disorders. Chichester UK: Wiley (in press)., , .
- 24The clinical relevance of personality disorder cognitions in the eating disorders. ClinPsyD dissertation: University of East London, London, UK, 2009..
- 27The eating disorders examination. In: Fairburn CG,Wilson GT, editors. Binge Eating: Nature, Assessment and Treatment,12th ed. New York, NY: Guilford, 1993, pp. 361–404., .
- 28Brief Symptom Inventory. Baltimore, MD: Clinical Psychometric Research, 1975..
- 29Reliability and validity of the Brief Symptom Inventory. Psychol Ass 1991; 3: 433–437., .
- 31The Personality Belief Questionnaire. Unpublished manuscript. University of Pennsylvannia, 1991., .
- 32Early improvement during cognitive-behavioural therapy for eating disorders: The impact of personality disorder cognitions. Beh Res Ther (under consideration)., .
- 39What happens to therapeutic alliance in those who complete or do not complete a course of psychotherapy for anorexia nervosa. Paper presented at the International Conference on Eating Disorders, Salzburg, June 2010..