Disclosures: Dr. Steinglass has received support from NARSAD and the Klarman Family Foundation; Dr. Albano received royalties from Oxford University Press and The Guilford Press; Dr. Simpson has received medication at no cost from Janssen Pharmaceuticals for an NIMH funded trial; Dr. Carpenter and Dr. Schebendach have no financial disclosures to report; Dr. Attia has received medication at no cost from Eli Lilly & Co for an NIMH-funded trial.
TOPICAL SECTION: Perspectives on Treatment (CE Activity)
Fear of food as a treatment target: Exposure and response prevention for anorexia nervosa in an open series†
Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
International Journal of Eating Disorders
Volume 45, Issue 4, pages 615–621, May 2012
How to Cite
Steinglass, J., Albano, A. M., Simpson, H. B., Carpenter, K., Schebendach, J. and Attia, E. (2012), Fear of food as a treatment target: Exposure and response prevention for anorexia nervosa in an open series. Int. J. Eat. Disord., 45: 615–621. doi: 10.1002/eat.20936
- Issue online: 6 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAR 2011
- National Institute of Mental Health and by NARSAD and the Klarman Family Foundation. Grant Numbers: K23MH076195-02, R01MH08273602
- 2Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th ed (Text Revision). Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Association Press, 2000..
- 15Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Eating Disorders. New York: Guilford Press, 2008..
- 16Abnormal Psychology: An Integrative Approach, 4th ed. Belmont, CA: Thompson-Wadsworth, 2005., .
- 28Mastery of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. New York: Oxford University Press, 1997., .
- 29Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Social Phobia in Adolescents: Stand Up, Speak Out. New York: Oxford University Press, 2007., .
- 30MetropolitanLifeInsurance. New weight standards for men and women. Stat Bull 1959: 1–4.
- 31Behavior Therapy Techniques. New York: Pergamon, 1966., .
- 32Assessment of social skills. In: Hersen M,Bellack AS, editors. Handbook of Behavioral Assessment. New York: Pergamon Press, 1988, pp. 365–395., .
- 33Assessment of social phobia: Reliability of an impromptu speech task. J Anxiety Disord 1989; 3: 149–158., , , .
- 41American Psychiatric Association. Treatment of patients with eating disorders, 3rd ed. Am J Psychiatry 2006; 163( 7 Suppl): 4–54.