Supported in part by a grant from Eli Lilly.
Article first published online: 8 JUL 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
International Journal of Eating Disorders
Volume 45, Issue 2, pages 281–289, March 2012
How to Cite
Guerdjikova, A. I., McElroy, S. L., Winstanley, E. L., Nelson, E. B., Mori, N., McCoy, J., Keck, P. E. and Hudson, J. I. (2012), Duloxetine in the treatment of binge eating disorder with depressive disorders: A placebo-controlled trial. Int. J. Eat. Disord., 45: 281–289. doi: 10.1002/eat.20946
Paul Keck Jr, MD, is employed by the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati Physicians, and the Lindner Center of HOPE; Dr. Keck is presently or has been in the past year a principal or co-investigator on research studies sponsored by Alkermes, AstraZeneca, Cephalon, GlaxoSmithKline, Eli Lilly and Company, Epi-Q, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Marriott Foundation, National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), Orexigen, Pfizer, Shire; Dr. Keck has been reimbursed for consulting to, in the past year: 2010: Sepracor, Medco, 2009: BristolMyersSquibb, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, QuantiaMD, Schering Plough, Patents: Dr. Paul E. Keck Jr. is a co-inventor on United States Patent No. 6,387,956: Shapira NA, Goldsmith TD, Keck, PE Jr. (University of Cincinnati) Methods of treating obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorder comprises the step of administering an effective amount of tramadol to an individual. Filed March 25, 1999; approved May 14, 2002; Dr. Keck has received no financial gain from this patent. Susan L. McElroy, MD, is employed by the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati Physicians, and the Lindner Center of HOPE; Dr. McElroy is a consultant to, or member of the scientific advisory boards of Alkermes, Eli Lilly and Company, Shire; Dr. McElroy is a principal or co-investigator on research studies sponsored by Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ), Alkermes, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Cephalon, Eli Lilly and Company, Forest Labs, GalaxoSmith Kline, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Marriott Foundation, National Institute of Mental Health, Orexigen Therapeutics, Pfizer Shire, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited; Patents: Dr. Susan L. McElroy is also inventor on United States Patent No. 6,323,236 B2, Use of Sulfamate Derivatives for Treating Impulse Control Disorders, and, along with the patent's assignee, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, has received payments from Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C., which has exclusive rights under the patent. James I. Hudson, MD, has been a consultant for Eli Lilly, Pfizer, and Alkermes; and has received grant support from Eli Lilly, Otsuka, and Ortho-McNeil Janssen Scientific Affairs. Erik B. Nelson, MD, has received funding for clinical trials with Astra Zeneca, Novartis and Pamlab. Drs. Erin L. Winstanley and Anna I. Guerdjikova and Mrs. Nicole Mori and Jessica McCoy have no industry/commercial support or conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue published online: 7 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 8 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 MAY 2011
- Eli Lilly
- 1A.P.A. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, 4th ed. Text Revision. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association, 2000, pp. 785–787.
- 3A.P.A. DSM-V Development Eating Disorders, 2010. Available at: http://www.dsm5.org/ProposedRevisions/Pages/proposedrevision. aspx?rid=372#.
- 10The oxford handbook of eating disorders: Pharmacotherapy of the eating disorders. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2010, pp. 417–451., , .
- 15The use of duloxetine in chronic bulimia nervosa: A case report. Psychiatry (Edgmont) 2009; 6: 27–28., .
- 20FDA. Meridia (sibutramine): Market Withdrawal Due to Risk of Serious Cardiovascular Events, 2010; Available from: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlerts forHumanMedicalProducts/ucm198221.htm. Accessed 2010 February 8.
- 26Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV-TR Axis I disorders, Research Version, Patient Edition (SCID-I/P). New York, NY: Biometrics Research Department, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 2002., , , .
- 28ECDEU Assessment Manual for Psychopharmacology, U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare publication (ADM). Rockville, MD: National Institute of Mental Health, 1976..
- 32Applied Longitudinal Analysis. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2004, pp. 60–72., .
- 42The Inventory of Depressive Symptomatology, Clinician Rating (IDS-C) and Self-Report (IDS-SR), and the Quick Inventory of Depressive Symptomatology, Clinician Rating (QIDS-C) and Self-Report (QIDS-SR) in public sector patients with mood disorders: A psychometric evaluation. Psychol Med 2004; 34: 73–82., , , , , , et al.