Supported by grant numbers R01 DK49587, K24 DK070052, and K23 DK071646 from the National Institutes of Health.
TOPICAL SECTION: Addictive Processes (CE Activity)
Version of Record online: 30 AUG 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
International Journal of Eating Disorders
Volume 45, Issue 5, pages 657–663, July 2012
How to Cite
Gearhardt, A. N., White, M. A., Masheb, R. M., Morgan, P. T., Crosby, R. D. and Grilo, C. M. (2012), An examination of the food addiction construct in obese patients with binge eating disorder. Int. J. Eat. Disord., 45: 657–663. doi: 10.1002/eat.20957
Dr. Grilo receives royalties from Guilford Press and Taylor and Francis Books.
- Issue online: 8 JUN 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JUL 2011
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: R01 DK49587, K24 DK070052, K23 DK071646
- 10Food addiction: An examination of the diagnostic criteria for dependence. JAMA 2009; 3: 1–7., , .
- 12American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th ed. The American Psychiatric Association: Washington, DC, 2000.
- 14Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Axis I Disorders-Patient Version (SCID-I/P). New York: New York Psychiatric Institute, Biometrics Research Department, 1996., , , .
- 15The Eating Disorder Examination, 12th ed. In:Fairburn CG,Wilson GT, editors. Binge Eating: Nature, Assessment, and Treatment. New York: Guilford Press, 1993, pp. 317–360., .
- 19Self-identification as a “food addict”: Implications for research and practice. Poster presented at the 43rd annual convention of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, New York, NY, 2009., .
- 20Manual for Revised Beck Depression Inventory. New York: Psychological Corporation, 1987., .
- 23Concerning the Self. New York: Basic Books, 1979..
- 24Using Multivariate Statistics, 5th ed. Boston: Allyn & Bacon, 2005., .
- 25MPlus Manual, 3rd ed. LA: Author, 1998–2004., .