Note: Ms. D. signed a document allowing her treatment team to use her de-identified data to prepare this scientific report.
Article first published online: 31 AUG 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
International Journal of Eating Disorders
Volume 45, Issue 3, pages 456–459, April 2012
How to Cite
Guerdjikova, A. I., O'Melia, A., Riffe, K., Palumbo, T. and McElroy, S. L. (2012), Bulimia nervosa presenting as rectal purging and rectal prolapse: Case report and literature review. Int. J. Eat. Disord., 45: 456–459. doi: 10.1002/eat.20959
Sources of industry/commercial support and potential conflicts of interest for Susan L. McElroy, MD: Dr. McElroy is employed by the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati Physicians, and the Lindner Center of HOPE. Dr. McElroy is a consultant to, or member of the scientific advisory boards of: Alkermes, Eli Lilly and Company, and Shire. Dr. McElroy is a principal or coinvestigator on research studies sponsored by: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Alkermes, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Cephalon, Eli Lilly and Company, Forest Labs, GalaxoSmith Kline, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Marriott Foundation, National Institute of Mental Health, Orexigen Therapeutics, Pfizer, Shire, and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company. Patents: Dr. Susan L. McElroy is also inventor on United States Patent No. 6,323,236 B2, Use of Sulfamate Derivatives for Treating Impulse Control Disorders, and, along with the patent's assignee, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, has received payments from Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C., which has exclusive rights under the patent. Drs. Guerdjikova, O'Melia, and Palumbo and Mr. Riffle have no industry/commercial support or conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue published online: 8 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 31 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!