Presented at the Academy for Eating Disorders' International Conference on Eating Disorders 2011: Miami, Florida.
Regular Article (CE Activity)
Article first published online: 4 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
International Journal of Eating Disorders
Volume 45, Issue 8, pages 949–956, December 2012
How to Cite
House, J., Schmidt, U., Craig, M., Landau, S., Simic, M., Nicholls, D., Hugo, P., Berelowitz, M. and Eisler, I. (2012), Comparison of specialist and nonspecialist care pathways for adolescents with anorexia nervosa and related eating disorders. Int. J. Eat. Disord., 45: 949–956. doi: 10.1002/eat.22065
This work is supported by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) under its Programme Grants for Applied Research Scheme (RP-PG-0606-1043). The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of the NHS, the NIHR or Department of Health.
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 4 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 AUG 2012
- National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) under its Programme Grants for Applied Research Scheme. Grant Number: RP-PG-0606-1043
- 5National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health (NCCMH). Core interventions in the treatment and management of anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder. London: British Psychological Society, 2004.
- 6National CAMHS Audit. 2005. Available at: http://www.childrensmapping.org.uk/topics/camhs. Accessed July 2011.
- 13Research methods in health: Investigating health and health services. Buckingham: Open University Press, 2002..
- 16Office for National Statistics. Mid-2010 Population Estimates for UK. Available at: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/pop-estimate/population-estimates-for-uk--england-and-wales--scotland-and-northern-ireland/mid-2010-population-estimates/index.html. Accessed July 2011.
- 17Children's Services Mapping. 2007–2008. Available at: http://www.childrensmapping.org.uk. Accessed July 2011.
- 18Royal College of Psychiatrists. Eating Disorders in the UK: Policies for Service Development and Training. London: Royal College of Psychiatrists, 2000.
- 19Child and Adolescent Mental Health in-Patient Units in England, Scotland, Wales & Belfast: Unit Directory. London: Royal College of Psychiatrists Research Unit, 2004., .
- 20Eating Disorders Association. A guide to purchasing and providing services. Norwich: Eating Disorders Association, 1995.
- 21Information provided by the UK Office for National Statistics via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 222006.. Primary care management of eating disorders: From diagnosis to referral. PhD thesis, Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London, University of London,
- 25Costs of remission and recovery using family therapy for adolescent anorexia nervosa: A descriptive report. Eat Disord 2008; 16: 322–330., , .
- 292011.. Service utilisation and alternative care pathways for adolescents with anorexia nervosa and related eating disorders. PhD thesis, Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London, University of London,
- 30American Psychiatric Association. 2006. Practice Guideline for the Treatment of Patients with Eating Disorders. Available at: http://www.psychiatryonline.com/pracGuide/pracGuideTopic_12. aspx. Accessed July 2011.
- 31Inpatient treatment. In: Treasure J,Schmidt U,van Furth E, editors. Handbook of Eating Disorders, 2nd ed. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, 2003, pp. 349–367., .
- 32Therapy amount and outcome of inpatient psychodynamic treatment of eating disorders in Germany: Data from a multicentre study. Psychother Res 2001; 11: 239–257., , .