Empirical Article (CE Activity)
Methylation of the glucocorticoid receptor gene promoter in bulimic women: Associations with borderline personality disorder, suicidality, and exposure to childhood abuse
Version of Record online: 17 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
International Journal of Eating Disorders
Volume 46, Issue 3, pages 246–255, April 2013
How to Cite
Steiger, H., Labonté, B., Groleau, P., Turecki, G. and Israel, M. (2013), Methylation of the glucocorticoid receptor gene promoter in bulimic women: Associations with borderline personality disorder, suicidality, and exposure to childhood abuse. Int. J. Eat. Disord., 46: 246–255. doi: 10.1002/eat.22113
- Issue online: 11 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 17 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 DEC 2012
- Canadian Institutes for Health Research. Grant Numbers: MOP-79490, MOP-57929
- Funding agencies had no further role in study design
- 4Neural circuits, neurotransmitters, and behavior: Serotonin and temperament in bulimic syndromes. In: Adan RAH, Kaye WH, editors. Current Topics in Behavioral Neurosciences, Vol. 6. Behavioral Neurobiology of Eating Disorders. Berlin: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2011, pp. 125–138., , .
- 8Physical complications and physiological aberrations in eating disorders: A review. In: Maj M, Lopez-Ibor LL, Sartorius N, editors. Eating Disorders. Chichester: Wiley, 2003, pp. 139–192., .
- 182012; 72: 41–48; doi:10.1016/j.biopsych.2012.01.034., , , , , , . Differential glucocorticoid receptor exon 1B, 1C and 1H expression and methylation in suicide completers with a history of childhood abuse. Biol Psychiatry
- 192009; 12: 342–348., , , et al. Epigenetic regulation of the glucocorticoid receptor in human brain associates with childhood abuse. Nat Neurosci
- 27APA. Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders: DSM-IV-TR, 4th ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association, 2000.
- 28The eating disorders examination. In: Fairburn C, Wilson GT, editors. Binge eating: Nature, assessment and treatment. New York: The Guilford Press, 1993, pp. 317–360., .
- 29Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Axis-I Disorders, SCID-I/P, Version 2.0, Patient Edition. New York: Biometrics Research Department, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1996., , , .
- 33Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Axis-II Personality Disorders, SCID-II, version 2.0. New York: Biometrics Research Department, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1996., , .
- 36Findings with 0.25 mg dexamethasone suppression test in eating disorders: Association with childhood trauma. CNS Spectr 2007; 12: 675–80., , , , , .
- 37Minireview: Stress-related psychiatric disorders with low cortisol levels. A metabolic hypothesis. Endocrinology 2006; 152: 4496–4503., .