Conflicts of Interest: Dr. Wilfley has received research support from Shire Development and consulting fees from GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare; Minnesota Obesity Center; United Health Group, Childhood Obesity Initiative; and Wellspring Healthy Living Academy. There were no conflicts of interest reported by any other co-authors.
Empirical Article (CE Activity)
What constitutes clinically significant binge eating? Association between binge features and clinical validators in college-age women†
Article first published online: 6 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
International Journal of Eating Disorders
Volume 46, Issue 3, pages 226–232, April 2013
How to Cite
Vannucci, A., Theim, K. R., Kass, A. E., Trockel, M., Genkin, B., Rizk, M., Weisman, H., Bailey, J. O., Sinton, M. M., Aspen, V., Wilfley, D. E. and Taylor, C. B. (2013), What constitutes clinically significant binge eating? Association between binge features and clinical validators in college-age women. Int. J. Eat. Disord., 46: 226–232. doi: 10.1002/eat.22115
- Issue published online: 11 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 6 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 20 DEC 2012
- R01 MH081125. Grant Number: K24 070446
- 1American Psychiatric Association (APA), Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Association; 2000.
- 2American Psychiatric Association (APA), Fifth edition Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) Development, Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Association, 2012.
- 5Objective and subjective bulimic episodes in the classification of bulimic-type eating disorders: Another nail in the coffin of a problematic distinction. Behav Res Ther 2010; 45: 661–669., , , , .
- 10Diagnostic efficiency of DSM-IV indicators for binge eating episodes. J Consult Clin Psychol 2011; 79: 75–83., .
- 13An examination of the Clinical Impairment Assessment among women at high risk for eating disorder onset. Behav Res Ther 2012; 50: 407–414., , , , , , et al.
- 14The Eating Disorder Examination, 12th ed. In: Fairburn CG, Wilson GT, editors. Binge Eating: Nature, Assessment and Treatment. v. 317-60 New York: Guilford, 1993., ,
- 18Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV-TR Axis I Disorders, Research Version. New York: Biometrics Research, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 2002., , , .
- 22Pattens and trends in food portion sizes, 1977-1998. Journal of the American Medical Association 2003; 289: 450–453., .
- 23A controlled evaluation of the distress criterion for binge eating disorder. J Consult Clin Psychol 2011; 79: 509–514., .