Parts of this manuscript were presented as a paper presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Eating Disorders, Austin, TX, May 2012.
A comparison of women with child-adolescent versus adult onset binge eating: Results from the National Women's Study
Article first published online: 5 JUN 2014
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
International Journal of Eating Disorders
Special Issue: Developmental Risk for Eating Disorders across the Lifespan
Volume 47, Issue 7, pages 836–843, November 2014
How to Cite
Brewerton, T. D., Rance, S. J., Dansky, B. S., O'Neil, P. M. and Kilpatrick, D. G. (2014), A comparison of women with child-adolescent versus adult onset binge eating: Results from the National Women's Study. Int. J. Eat. Disord., 47: 836–843. doi: 10.1002/eat.22309
- Issue published online: 27 OCT 2014
- Article first published online: 5 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 16 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Received: 5 JAN 2014
- 1American Psychiatric Associations. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, 4th ed. Washington, DC: Author, 1994.
- 3American Psychiatric Associations. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th ed. Washington, DC: Author, 2013.
- 5The nature and prevalence of binge eating disorder in a national sample of women. In: Widiger TA, Frances AJ, Pincus HA, First MB, Roth R, David W, editors. DSM-IV Sourcebook, Volume 4, Washington: APA Press, 1998, pp. 515–531., , , , , , et al.
- 18Eating disorders, victimization and comorbidity: Principles of treatment. In: Brewerton TD, editor. Clinical Handbook of Eating Disorders: An Integrated Approach. New York: Marcel Dekker, 2004, pp. 509–545..
- 29Factors associated with binge eating disorder in pregnancy. Int J Eat Disord 2011;44:124–133., , , , , .
- 32Childhood psychological, physical, and sexual maltreatment in outpatients with binge eating disorder: Frequency and associations with gender, obesity, and eating-related psychopathology. Obes Res 2001;9:320–325., .
- 33Bulimia nervosa, PTSD and “forgetting”: Results from the National Women's Study. In: Williams LM, Banyard VL, editors. Trauma and Memory. Durham: Sage Publications, 1999, pp. 127–138., , , .