Evidence-Based Child Health Clinical Answer: Intervention
Article first published online: 10 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2011 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Evidence-Based Child Health: A Cochrane Review Journal
Volume 7, Issue 1, pages 7–10, January 2012
How to Cite
(2012), Evidence-Based Child Health Clinical Answer: Intervention. Evid.-Based Child Health, 7: 7–10. doi: 10.1002/ebch.1814
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 10 JAN 2012
- References to included reviews
- Heliox inhalation therapy for bronchiolitis in infants. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010; Issue (4): Art. No.: CD006915. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD006915.pub2. , , ,
- Continuous negative extrathoracic pressure or continuous positive airway pressure for acute hypoxemic respiratory failure in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008; Issue (1): Art. No.: CD003699. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD003699.pub3. , ,
- References to trials in included reviews
- Extrathoracic pressure trials:
- Continuous negative extrathoracic pressure ventilation in infants with bronchiolitis. Eur Resp J 1994; 7(Suppl 18): 379. , , , , , , et al.
- Ni-CPAP trials:
- Randomized comparison of oxygen mask treatment vs. nasal continuous positive airway pressure in dengue shock syndrome with acute respiratory failure. J Trop Pediatr 2002; 48: 335–339. , , , , , , et al.
- Heliox trials:
- Clinical effects of heliox administration for acute bronchiolitis in young infants. Chest 2006; 129: 676–682. , , , , , , et al.
- Helium-oxygen improves clinical asthma scores in children with acute bronchiolitis. Crit Care Med 1998; 26: 1731–1736. , , , , , , et al.
- Heliox reduces respiratory system resistance in respiratory syncytial virus induced respiratory failure. Crit Care 2009; 13: R71. , , , ,
- Noninvasive therapy with helium-oxygen for severe bronchiolitis. J Pediatr 2005; 147: 812–817. , , , , , , et al.
- Nasal continuous positive airway pressure with heliox versus air oxygen in infants with acute bronchiolitis: a crossover study. Pediatrics 2008; 121: e1190–e1196. , ,
- References to excluded reviews
- Immunoglobulin treatment for respiratory syncytial virus infection. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010; Issue (9): Art. No.: CD004883. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD004883.pub3. ,
- Bronchodilators for bronchiolitis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010; Issue (12): Art. No.: CD001266. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD001266.pub3. ,
- Surfactant therapy for bronchiolitis in critically ill infants. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010; Issue (1): Art. No.: CD005150. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD005150.pub3. , ,