Summary of ‘Hand washing for preventing diarrhoea’, including tables of key findings and quality of included trials
Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2009
Copyright © 2009 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Evidence-Based Child Health: A Cochrane Review Journal
Volume 4, Issue 2, pages 940–943, June 2009
How to Cite
Ejemot, R. I., Ehiri, J. E., Meremikwu, M. M., Critchley, J. A., Kremer, L.C.M. and van Dalen, E.C. (2009), Summary of ‘Hand washing for preventing diarrhoea’, including tables of key findings and quality of included trials. Evid.-Based Child Health, 4: 940–943. doi: 10.1002/ebch.351
- Issue online: 10 JUN 2009
- Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2009
- 2World Health Organization. The World Health Report 2002: Reducing Risks Promoting Healthy Life [WHO/WHR/02.1]. World Health Organization: Geneva; 2002.
- 3MurrayCJL, LopezAD (eds). The Global Burden of Disease: A Comprehensive Assessment of Mortality and Disability from Diseases, Injuries and Risk Factors in 1990 and Projected to 2020. Boston, MA: Harvard University Press; 1996.
- 4World Health Organization. The Treatment of Diarrhoea: A Manual for Physicians and Other Senior Health Workers [WHO/FCH/CAH/03.7]. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2003.
- 5Diarrhoeal diseases. In JamisonDT, MoselyWH, MeashamAR, BobdadilliaJL (eds). Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 1993; 91–116., , .
- 8Interventions for Control of Diarrhoeal Diseases among Young Children: Promotion of Food Hygiene [WHO/CDD/89.30]. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1989., .
- 14US Department of Health Services. Food Code 1999: Recommendations of the US Public Health Services. Publication Number PB99-115925:43; 1999.
- 15Hazards and critical control points of food preparation in homes in which persons had diarrhoea in Zambia. J Food Protect 1997; 60(2): 161–171., , , , , , et al.
- 17Environmental Problems and the Urban Household in Greater Accra Metropolitan area (GAMA)-Ghana. Stockholm: Stockholm Environment Institute; 1993., , , , , , et al.
- 20Hygienic, Happy and Healthy. A Series of Practical Manuals Designed to Help You Set Up a Hygiene Promotion Programme. Part I: Planning a Hygiene Promotion Programme. New York, NY: UNICEF; 1997..
- 23Handwashing and hand disinfection. In MayhallCG (ed.) Hospital Epidemiology and Infection Control, 2nd edn. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins; 1999; 1339–1355..
- 29www.lboro.ac.uk/well/resources/well-studies/full-reports-pdf/task0165.pdf; 1999; (accessed 1 September 2007)., . Effectiveness of Promotional Techniques in Environmental Health. WELL Study No.165.