Genotypic-specific variance in Caenorhabditis elegans lifetime fecundity
Version of Record online: 24 APR 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Ecology and Evolution published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Ecology and Evolution
Volume 4, Issue 11, pages 2058–2069, June 2014
How to Cite
Ecology and Evolution 2014; 4(11):2058–2069
- Issue online: 3 JUN 2014
- Version of Record online: 24 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 4 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Received: 12 FEB 2014
- 2008. Quantifying the decanalizing effects of spontaneous mutations in rhabditid nematodes. Am. Nat. 172:272–281.
- 2008. Plasticity and errors of a robust developmental system in different environments. Dev. Cell 15:714–724. , and .
- 2010. Bias and evolution of the mutationally accessible phenotypic space in a developmental system. PLoS Genet. 6:e1000877. , , and .
- 2008. Individuality in bacteria. Annu. Rev. Genet. 42:253–268. , and .
- 2006. Bistability in bacteria. Molec. Micro. 61:564–572. , and .
- 1958. Selection for an invariant character- ‘vibrissae number’ -in the house mouse. Nature 181:1018–1019. , and .
- 2012. Population dynamics and habitat sharing of natural populations of Caenorhabditis elegans and C. briggsae. BMC Biol. 10:59. , and .
- 2005. The evolutionary genetics of canalization. Q. Rev Biol. 80:287–316.
- 2004. Uncovering cryptic genetic variation. Nat. Rev. Genet. 5:681. , and .
- 1974. Natural selection for within-generation variance in offspring number. Genetics 76:601–606.
- 2004. The population genetic theory of hidden variation and genetic robustness. Genetics 168:2271–2284. , and .
- 2004. Effects on phenotypic variability of directional selection arising through genetic differences in residual variability. Genet. Res. Camb. 83:121–132. , and .
- 1999. C. elegans: A Practical Approach. The Practical Approach Series. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- 1980. Isolation and genetic characterization of cell-lineage mutants of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics 96:435–454. , and .
- 2000. WinBUGS – a Bayesian modelling framework: concepts, structure, and extensibility. Stat. Comput. 10:325–337. , , , and .
- 2007. Noise in gene expression determines cell fate in Bacillus subtilis. Science 317:526–529. , , and .
- 2010. A subset of naturally isolated Bacillus strains show extreme virulence to the free-living nematodes Caenorhabditis elegans and Pristionchus pacificus. Environ. Microbiol. 12:3007–3021. , , , and .
- 2010. Variability in gene expression underlies incomplete penetrance. Nature 463:913–918. , , , and .
- 2002. Bayesian measures of model complexity and fit. J. Roy. Stat. Soc. B 64:583–640. , , , and .
- 2012. Bet-hedging – a triple trade-off between means, variances and correlations. Biol. Rev. 87:742–755. , and .
- 2012. Phenotypic plasticity in nematodes: evolutionary and ecological significance. Worm 1:98–106. , and .
- 2013. Adaptive noise. Proc. Roy. Soc. Lond. B 280:20131104. , and .
- 2012. FTO genotype is associated with phenotypic variability of body mass index. Nature 490:267–272. , , , , , , et al.