This study was funded by the Florida State University Coastal and Marine Laboratory, and the NOAA Climate Program Office provided generous support for the publication of this manuscript.
Impacts of upstream drought and water withdrawals on the health and survival of downstream estuarine oyster populations
Article first published online: 20 JUN 2012
© 2011 The Authors. MicrobiologyOpen published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Ecology and Evolution
Volume 2, Issue 7, pages 1712–1724, July 2012
How to Cite
Petes, L. E., Brown, A. J. and Knight, C. R. (2012), Impacts of upstream drought and water withdrawals on the health and survival of downstream estuarine oyster populations. Ecology and Evolution, 2: 1712–1724. doi: 10.1002/ece3.291
- Issue published online: 6 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 20 JUN 2012
- Received: 30 April 2012; Revised: 6 May 2012; Accepted: 8 May 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Climate Change Influences on Marine Infectious Diseases: Implications for Management and Society, Annual Review of Marine Science, 2014, 6, 1, 249, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2Phytoplankton Biomass and Composition in a River-Dominated Estuary During Two Summers of Contrasting River Discharge, Estuaries and Coasts, 2014, 37, 3, 664, , , ,
- 3Seasonal and Inter-annual Patterns in Primary Production, Respiration, and Net Ecosystem Metabolism in Three Estuaries in the Northeast Gulf of Mexico, Estuaries and Coasts, 2014, 37, S1, 222, , , , , ,
- 4An ‘extreme’ future for estuaries? Effects of extreme climatic events on estuarine water quality and ecology, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 2013, 69, 1-2, 7, ,
- 5Differences in extreme low salinity timing and duration differentially affect eastern oyster (Crassostrea virginica) size class growth and mortality in Breton Sound, LA, Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 2013, 135, 146, , , ,