These five authors contributed equally to this work.
Influence of air temperature on the first flowering date of Prunus yedoensis Matsum
Version of Record online: 3 JAN 2014
© 2013 The Authors. Ecology and Evolution published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Ecology and Evolution
Volume 4, Issue 3, pages 292–299, February 2014
How to Cite
Ecology and Evolution 2014; 4(3):292–299
- Issue online: 4 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 3 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 30 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 18 OCT 2012
- Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 31260120
- China Meteorological Administration. Grant Number: ccsf-10-04
- 1993. Climatological studies on blooming of cherry tree (Prunus yedoensis) by means of DTS method. Bull. Univ. Osaka Pref. Ser. B 45:155–192.
- 1973. Air temperature, heat sums, and pollen shedding phenology of longleaf pine. Ecology 54:420–426.
- 1974. Temperature requirements of some aphids and their parasites. J. Appl. Ecol. 11:431–438. , , , , and .
- 1991. Statistical models in S. Chapman and Hall, London. , and .
- 2007. Asymmetrical change of urban heat island intensity in Wuhan, China. Adv. Clim. Change Res. 3(5):282–286. , , and .
- 2008. Change in flowering dates of Japanese cherry blossoms (P. yedoensis Mats.) in Wuhan University campus and its relationship with variability of winter. Acta Ecol. Sin. 28:5209–5217. , , and .
- 1996. Development in cowpea (Vigna unguiculata). I. The influence of temperature on seed germination and seedling emergence. Expl. Agric. 32:1–12. , , , and .
- 1995. Relationships between first flowering date and temperature in the flora of a locality in central England. Func. Ecol. 9:55–60. , , , and .
- 1990. Generalized additive models. Chapman and Hall, London. , and .
- 2006. Earlier spring in Seoul, Korea. Int. J. Climatol. 26:2117–2127. , , , and .
- 2005. Intrinsic optimum temperature for development of insects and mites. Environ. Entomol. 34:1377–1387.
- 2002. Developmental rate isomorphy in insects and mites. Am. Nat. 160:497–510. , , and .
- 2004. A general rule for the dependence of developmental rate on temperature in ectothermic animals. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. B (Suppl.) 271:S219–S221. , , , and .
- 2012. The low development threshold temperature and the thermal constant in insects and mites in Japan (2nd edition). Bull. Natl. Inst. Agro-Environ. Sci. 31:1–74.
- 2012. Testing the rate isomorphy hypothesis using five statistical methods. Insect Sci. 19:121–128. , , , , and .
- 1986. Influence of food and temperature on the development and moulting of Goodeyus ulmi (Nematoda: Rhabditida). Nematologica 32:216–221. , , and .
- 1963. Accuracy of duration temperature summing and its use for Prunus serrulata. Ecology 44:149–151.
- 1956. Use of official weather data in spring time – temperature analysis of an Indiana phenological record. Ecology 37:812–823. , and .
- 2004. The effects of temperature on leaf and flower development and flower longevity of Zygopetalum Redvale “Fire Kiss” orchild. HortScience 39(7):1630–1634. , and .
- 1992. Forecasting flowering dates of lawn species with air temperature: application boundaries of the linear approach. Aerobiologia 8:75–83. , , and .
- 2008. How well do first flowering dates measure plant responses to climate change? The effects of population size and sampling frequency. J. Ecol. 96:1289–1296. , , and .
- 2012. The phenology of cherry blossom (Prunus yedoensis “Somei-yoshino”) and the geographic features contributing to its flowering. Int. J. Biometeorol. 56:903–914. , , , , and .
- 1983. Predicting pecan nut casebearer (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) activity at College Station, Texas. Environ. Entomol. 12:482–486. , and .
- 1981. Non-linear regression of biological temperature-dependent rate models based on absolute reaction-rate theory. J. Theor. Biol. 88:719–731. , , and .
- 1977. Reaction kinetics of poikilotherm development. J. Theor. Biol. 64:649–670. , and .
- 2011. A modified program for estimating the parameters of the SSI model. Environ. Entomol. 40:462–469. , , , , and .
- 2012. Influence of temperature on the northern distribution limits of Scirpophaga incertulas Walker (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) in China. J. Therm. Biol 37:130–137. , , , , , and .
- 2005. Thermal time – concepts and utility. Ann. Appl. Biol. 146:1–14. , , , and .
- 1999. Starting dates and basic temperatures in phonological observations of plants. Int. J. Biometeorol. 42:158–168.