Geographical origin of Leucobryum boninense Sull. & Lesq. (Leucobryaceae, Musci) endemic to the Bonin Islands, Japan
Article first published online: 15 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Ecology and Evolution published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Ecology and Evolution
Volume 3, Issue 4, pages 753–762, April 2013
How to Cite
Ecology and Evolution 2013; 3(4): 753–762
- Issue published online: 11 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 15 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 26 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 18 SEP 2012
- Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research. Grant Numbers: 16570077, 20570087, 23770089, 22255003
- 1974 A new look at the statistical model identification. IEEE Trans. Autom. Control 19:716–723.
- 1970 Topography and geology in the Bonin Islands. The nature of the Bonin and Volcano Islands. Pp. 91–108 in T. Tsuyama, S. Asami eds. Ministry of Education and Agency for Cultural Affairs, Tokyo (in Japanese).
- 1933 Manual of Hawaiian mosses. Bishop Mus. Bull. 101:1–275.
- 1995 A set of universal primers for amplification of polymorphic non-coding regions of mitochondrial and chloroplast DNA in plants. Mol. Ecol. 4:129–131. , and
- 2004 MUSCLE: multiple sequence alignment with high accuracy and high throughput. Nucleic Acids Res. 32:1792–1797.
- 1995 Constructing a significance test for incongruence. Syst. Biol. 44:570–572. , , , and .
- 1991 The bryophytes of the Ogasawara islands. Report of the Second General Survey on Natural Environment of the Ogasawara (Bonin) Islands. Pp. 13–23 in M. Ono, M. Kimura, K. Miyashita, M. Nogami eds. Tokyo Metropolitan University, Tokyo (in Japanese). , , and .
- 2008 Origin and evolution of the northern hemisphere disjunction in the moss genus Homalothecium. Am. J. Bot. 95:720–730. , , , , and .
- 1984 Geomorphology of the Chichijima and Hahajima islands. Ogasawara-Kenkyu-Nenpo 7:3–11 (in Japanese). , and .
- 1970a Bryophytes of the Bonin Islands and the Volcano Islands, 2. J. Hattori Bot. Lab. 33:382–389.
- 1970b Cryptogams of Chichijima and Hahajima, the Bonin Islands. The nature of the Bonin and Volcano Islands. Pp. 125–136 in T. Tsuyama, S. Asami eds. Ministry of Education and Agency for Cultural Affairs, Tokyo (in Japanese).
- 1969 Bryophytes of the Bonin Islands and the Volcano Islands (1). Bull. Natl. Sci. Mus. Tokyo 12:291–309. , and .
- 1970 Bryophytes of the Bonin Islands and the Volcano islands (3). Bull. Natl. Sci. Mus. Tokyo 13:475–489. , and .
- 1984 Bryophytes of the Bonin Islands and the Volcano Islands (4). Bull. Natl. Sci. Mus. Tokyo 10:101–106. , and .
- 1985 Bryophytes of the Bonin Islands and the Volcano Islands (5). Bull. Natl. Sci. Mus. Tokyo 11:57–68.
- 1977 Geology and geomorphology of the Bonin Islands. Ogasawara-Kenkyu-Nenpo 1:29–34 (in Japanese).
- 1978 A list of the vascular plants occurring in the Ogasawara (Bonin) Islands. Ogasawara Res. 1:1–33.
- 1972 Spore output of moss capsules in relation to ontogeny of archesporial tissues. J. Bryol. 7:61–74.
- 2000 Phylogenetic relationships of Asterella (Aytoniaceae, Marchantiopsida) inferred from chloroplast DNA sequences. The Bryologist 103:625–644. , , and .
- 1994 Phylogenetic analysis of green plant rbcL sequences. Mol. Biol. Evol. 3:114–127.
- 2006 Phylogenetic utility of rapidly evolving DNA at high taxonomical levels: Contrasting matK, trnT-F, and rbcL in basal angiosperms. Mol. Phylogenet. Evol. 41:99–117. , , and .
- 1994 The chloroplast gene rps4 as a tool for the study of Poaceae phylogeny. Plant Syst. Evol. 191:27–38. , , and .
- 2004 MrModeltest 2.1. Evolutionary Biology Centre, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- 2003 A preliminary phylogenetic study of the genus Leucobryum (Leucobryaceae, Musci) in Asia and the Pacific based on ITS and rbcL sequences. Hikobia 14:45–53. , , , and .
- 2008 Phylogenetic and morphological reëvaluation of Leucobryum boninense (Leucobryaceae), endemic to the Bonin Islands. The Bryologist 111:260–270. , , , , and .
- 1986 Present situation of endangered plant species in the Bonin (Ogasawara) Islands. Ogasawara Res. 12:1–32. , , and .
- 2010 New insights in the evolution of the liverwort family Aneuraceae (Metzgeriales, Marchantiophyta), with emphasis on the genus Lobatiriccardia. Taxon 59:1424–1440. , , , , , , et al.
- 2003 MrBayes 3: Bayesian phylogenetic inference under mixed models. Bioinformatics 19:1572–1574. , and .
- 1972 Disjunctions in bryophytes. Ann. Missouri Bot. Gard. 59:174–202. , and .
- 2008 A phylogenetic delimination of the “Sphagnum subsecundum complex” (Sphagnaceae, Bryophyte). Am. J. Bot. 95:731–744. , , and .
- 1997 Phylogenetic analysis of Iridaceae with parsimony and distance methods using the plastid gene rps4. Plant Syst. Evol. 204:109–123. , , , , , and .
- 2004 A revised checklist of Hawaiian mosses. Tropical Bryol. 25:35–69. , , , and .
- 2002 PAUP*: phylogenetic analysis using parsimony (*and other methods), version 4. Sinauer Associates, Sunderland, MA.
- 1991 Universal primers for amplification of three non-coding regions of chloroplast DNA. Plant Mol. Ecol. 17:1105–1109. , , , and .
- 1999 A preliminary phylogeny of Hypnales (Musci) as inferred from chloroplast rbcL sequence data. Bryol. Res. 7:233–248. , , , , , , et al.
- 2000 Preliminary phylogenetic relationships of the genus Brotherella and its allied genera (Hypnales, Musci) based on chloroplast rbcL sequence data. J. Hattori Bot. Lab. 88:79–99. , , , , and .
- 2001 Molecular phylogeny of the genus Trismegistia and related genera (Sematophyllaceae, Musci) based on chloroplast rbcL sequences. Hikobia 13:529–549. , , , and .
- 2002 A protocol for DNA isolation using small quantities of material from very small hepatic plants. Bryol. Res. 8:118–122 (in Japanese with summarized protocol in English). , , , and .
- 2004 Molecular phylogenetic and ordinal relationships based on analyses of a large-scale data set of 600 rbcL sequences of mosses. Hikobia 14:149–169. , , , , and .
- 2003 Patterns of molecular and morphological variation in Leucobryum albidum, L. glaucum, and L. juniperoideum (Bryopsida). Syst. Bot. 28:651–656. , , and .
- 2010 Phylogenetic delineation of Nothoceros and Megaceros (Dendrocerotaceae). The Bryologist 113:106–113. , , , and .
- 1964 Index muscorum, vol. 3 (Hypnum-O). Regnum Vegetabile 33:1–529. , , and .
- 1993 A revision of the genus Leucobryum (Musci) in Asia. J. Hattori Bot. Lab. 73:1–123.
- 1978 Experimental studies in the Southern Hemisphere. J. Hattori Bot. Lab. 44:455–482.