Interpretations arising from Wrightian and Malthusian fitness under strong frequency dependent selection
Version of Record online: 3 APR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Ecology and Evolution published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Ecology and Evolution
Volume 3, Issue 5, pages 1276–1280, May 2013
How to Cite
Ecology and Evolution 2013; 3(5):1276–1280.
- Issue online: 10 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 16 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 10 SEP 2012
- Emmy-Noether program of the DFG
- Max Planck Society. Grant Numbers: B.W., C.S.G., A.T.
- China Scholarship Council. Grant Numbers: 2009601286, B.W.
- 973 Program. Grant Number: 2012CB821203
- National Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 61020106005, 10972002, L. W.
- 2000. The mathematical theory of selection, recombination, and mutation. John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, UK.
- 1970. An introduction to population genetics theory. Harper and Row, New York. , and .
- 2007. An inclusive fitness analysis of altruism on a cyclical network. J. Evol. Biol. 20:2278–2283.
- 1964. The genetical evolution of social behavior I. J. Theor. Biol. 7:1–16.
- 2010. Natural variation in developmental life-history traits of the bacterium myxococcus xanthus. FEMS Microbiol. Ecol. 73:226–233. , , and .
- 1991. Long-term experimental evolution in escherichia coli. I. adaptation and divergence during 2000 generations. Am. Nat. 138:1315–1341. , , , and .
- 2006. Evolutionary dynamics. Harvard University Press, Cambridge.
- 2009. Fitness and its role in evolutionary genetics. Nat. Rev. Genet. 10:531–539.
- 2004. Genetic structure and selection in subdivided populations. Princeton University Press, Princeton.
- 2010. A generalization of Hamilton's rule for the evolution of microbial cooperation. Science 328:1700–1703. , , and .
- 2008. Analytical results for individual and group selection of any intensity. Bull. Math. Biol. 70:1410–1424. , , and .
- 1999. Prisoner's Dilemma in an RNA virus. Nature 398:441–443. and .
- 2011. Kin selection-mutation balance: a model for the origin, maintenance, and consequences of social cheating. Am. Nat. 177:288–300. , , and .
- 2012. Origins of altruism diversity I: the diverse ecological roles of altruistic strategies and their evolutionary responses to local competition. Evolution 66:2484–2497. , and .
- 2007. Hamilton's missing link. J. Theor. Biol. 246:551–554.