Developmental trajectories and breakdown in F1 interpopulation hybrids of Tribolium castaneum
Version of Record online: 24 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Ecology and Evolution published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Ecology and Evolution
Volume 3, Issue 7, pages 1992–2001, July 2013
How to Cite
Ecology and Evolution 2013; 3(7): 1992–2001
- Issue online: 10 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 24 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 18 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 DEC 2012
- NSF-IGERT. Grant Number: DGE-0504627
- NIH. Grant Number: 5R01GM65414-4
- 1980. Ontogenesis and morphological diversification. Am. Zool. 20:653–667.
- 1979. Size and shape in ontogeny and phylogeny. Paleobiology 5:296–317. , , , and .
- 2004. Biased embryos and evolution. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, New York.
- 2008. Microevolutionary support for a developmental hourglass: gene expression patterns shape sequence variation and divergence in Drosophila. Evol. Dev. 10:583–590. , and .
- 2012. The polymorphic prelude to Bateson-Dobzhansky-Muller incompatibilities. Trends Ecol. Evol. 27:209–218.
- 2007a. Population differentiation in the beetle Tribolium castaneum I. Genetic architecture. Evolution 61:494–509. , and .
- 2007b. Population differentiation in the beetle Tribolium castaneum. II Haldane's rule and incipient speciation. Evolution 61:694–699. , and .
- 2011. Genetic variation and co-variation for fitness between intra-population and inter-population backgrounds in the red flour beetle, Tribolium castaneum. J. Evol. Biol. 24:168–176. , and .
- 2011. An unusual barrier to gene flow: perpetually immature larvae from inter-population crosses in the flour beetle, Tribolium castaneum. J. Evol. Biol. 24:2678–2686. , , , and .
- 1825. On the nature of the function expressive of the law of human mortality, and on a new mode of determining the value of life contingencies. Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. 115:513–583.
- 1967. Two-way selection for body weight in Tribolium on two levels of nutrition. Genet. Res. 9:309–330. , and .
- 1992. Heterochronic dimorphism of Loxoconcha uranouchiensis (Ostracoda) and its implication for speciation. Paleobiology 18:221–236.
- 2000. A conditional rescue system reveals essential functions for the ecdysone receptor (EcR) gene during molting and metamorphosis in Drosophila. Development 127:2897–2905. , and .
- 1977. The genetic properties of egg laying of virgin females of Tribolium castaneum. Heredity 39:251–258. , and .
- 2008. The maternal-effect, selfish genetic element Medea is associated with a composite Tc1 transposon. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 105:10085–10089. , , , , , , et al.
- 2000. An experimental study of intraspecific variation, developmental timing, and heterochrony in fishes. Evolution 54:2091–2106. , , and .
- 1992. Population genetic consequences of developmental evolution in sea Urchins (genus Heliocidaris). Evolution 46:1299–1312. , , and .
- 1987. Speciation via habitat specialization: the evolution of reproductive isolation as a correlated character. Evol. Ecol. 1:301–314.
- 2008. The genome of the model beetle and pest Tribolium castaneum. Nature 452:949–955. , , , , , , et al.
- 2000. Trade-offs between growth and reproduction: an analysis of the quantitative genetic evidence. J. Evol. Biol. 13:434–445.
- 2008. R: a language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing.
- 1999. Assisted suicide of a selfish gene. J. Hered. 90:191–194. , and .
- 1995. A hybrid incompatibility factor in Tribolium castaneum. J. Hered. 86:6–11. , , , and .
- 2004. Estimation of growth parameters using a nonlinear mixed Gompertz model. Poult. Sci. 83:847–852. , and .