Integrating batch marks and radio tags to estimate the size of a closed population with a movement model
Article first published online: 14 NOV 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Ecology and Evolution published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Ecology and Evolution
Volume 3, Issue 15, pages 5023–5030, December 2013
How to Cite
Ecology and Evolution 2013; 3(15): 5023–5030
- Issue published online: 10 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 14 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 25 SEP 2013
- Teck Coal
- Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- 1972. Parameter estimates from mark-recapture experiments on two populations subject to mgration and death. Res. Popul. Ecol. 13:97–113.
- 1973. The estimation of population size, migration rates and survival in a stratified population. Res. Popul. Ecol. 15:1–8.
- 1996. Computer analysis of marking data from stratified populations for estimation of salmonid escapements and the size of other populations. Canadian Technical Report of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences No. 2106. , , , and .
- 2011. Smoothing population size estimates for time-stratified mark-recapture experiments using Bayesian p-splines. Biometrics 67:1498–1507. and .
- 1956. The estimation of the size of a stratified animal population. Ann. Math. Stat. 27:375–389. and .
- 2013. Upper Fording River Westslope cutthroat trout (Oncorhynchus clarkii lewisi) population assessment Ð telemetry project annual report: 2012-13 (Interim Report 1). Report Prepared for Teck Coal Limited, Calgary, AB. Report Prepared by Westslope Fisheries Ltd., Cranbrook, B.C. 99 p. + app. , , , , and .
- 2013. A comparison of abundance estimates from extended batch marking and Jolly-Seber type experiments. Ecol. Evol. (in press). , , , and .
- 1961. The two-sample capture-recapture census when tagging and sampling are stratified. Biometrika 48:241–260.
- 2007. A Bayesian approach to the multistate Jolly-Seber capture-recapture model. Biometrics 63:1015–1022. and .
- 2010. Analysis of an extended batch marking experiment using estimating equations. J. Agric. Biol. Environ. Stat. 15:279–289. , , and .
- 2009. The BUGS project: Evolution, critique, and future directions. Stat. Med. 28:3049–3067. , , , and .
- 2002. Bayesian mark–recapture estimation with an application to a salmonid smolt population. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 59:1748–1758. and .
- 1998. Stratified capture-recapture estimation of the size of a closed population. Biometrics 54:47–60. , , and .
- R Core Team. 2012. R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria. ISBN 3-900051-07-0, Available at http://www.R-project.org (accessed May 15, 2013).
- 1951. Estimation of size of animal populations by marking experiments. United States Fish and Wildlife Service, Fish. Bull. 69:190–203.
- 1995. Estimating the movement among staging areas of the barnacle goose (Branta leucopsis). J. Appl. Stat. 22:711–724. and .