Growing season net ecosystem CO2 exchange of two desert ecosystems with alkaline soils in Kazakhstan
Version of Record online: 4 DEC 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Ecology and Evolution published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Ecology and Evolution
Volume 4, Issue 1, pages 14–26, January 2014
How to Cite
Ecology and Evolution 2014; 4(1):14–26.
- Issue online: 3 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 4 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 28 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 10 AUG 2013
- National Basic Research Program of China. Grant Number: 2009CB825105
- “Hundred Talent” Project of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Grant Number: Y174051001
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 41171094
- 2004. Forest and agricultural land-use-dependent CO2 exchange in Thuringia, Germany. Glob. Change Biol. 10:2005–2019. , , , , , , et al.
- 2011. Changes in the area of inland lakes in arid regions of central Asia during the past 30 years. Environ. Monit. Assess. 178:247–256. , , , , and .
- 2008. TURNER REVIEW No. 15. ‘Breathing’ of the terrestrial biosphere: lessons learned from a global network of carbon dioxide flux measurement systems. Aust. J. Bot. 56:1–26.
- 1998. On using eco-physiological, micrometeorological and biogeochemical theory to evaluate carbon dioxide, water vapor and trace gas fluxes over vegetation: a perspective. Agric. For. Meteorol. 90:1–25. and .
- 2012. Carbon dioxide exchange over multiple temporal scales in an arid shrub ecosystem near La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Glob. Change Biol. 18:2570–2582. , , , and .
- 2012) Vegetation of the Aralkum. Aralkum – a Man-Made Des. 9:127–159. , , and (
- 2008) Diurnal, seasonal, and interannual variation in carbon dioxide and energy exchange in shrub savanna in Burkina Faso (West Africa). J. Geophys. Res.-Biogeosci. 113, G02030. , , , , , and (
- 1983. Desertification of arid lands. . P. 202. in Advances in desert and arid lands. Harwood Academic, New York.
- 2002. Phase and amplitude of ecosystem carbon release and uptake potentials as derived from FLUXNET measurements. Agric. For. Meteorol. 113:75–95. , , , , , , et al.
- 2012. Seasonal variation of carbon exchange from a revegetation area in a Chinese desert. Agric. For. Meteorol. 156:134–142. , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Diurnal, seasonal and annual variation in the net ecosystem CO2 exchange of a desert shrub community (Sarcocaulescent) in Baja California, Mexico. Glob. Change Biol. 11:927–939. , , and .
- 2002) Self-organizing linear output map (SOLO): an artificial neural network suitable for hydrologic modeling and analysis. Water Resour. Res. 38:1302. , , , , and (
- 2005. Net ecosystem CO2 exchange in Mojave Desert shrublands during the eighth year of exposure to elevated CO2. Glob. Change Biol. 11:749–756. , , and .
- 2012a. Variations in water and CO2 fluxes over a saline desert in western China. Hydrol. Process. 26:513–522. , , and .
- 2012b. High efficiency in water use and carbon gain in a wet year for a desert halophyte community. Agric. For. Meteorol. 162–163:127–135. , , , , , and .
- 2012. The response of CO2 flux to rain pulses at a saline desert. Hydrol. Process. 26:4029–4037. , , and .
- 2006. Impact of post-field data processing on eddy covariance flux estimates and energy balance closure. Meteorol. Z. 15:597–609. and .
- 2005. On the separation of net ecosystem exchange into assimilation and ecosystem respiration: review and improved algorithm. Glob. Change Biol. 11:1424–1439. , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. On carbon sequestration in desert ecosystems. Glob. Change Biol. 15:1488–1490. , , and .
- 2010. Hidden, abiotic CO2 flows and gaseous reservoirs in the terrestrial carbon cycle: review and perspectives. Agric. For. Meteorol. 150:321–329. , , , , , , et al.
- 2013. Grazing alters the biophysical regulation of carbon fluxes in a desert steppe. Environ. Res. Lett. 8:025012. , , and .
- 2011. Desertification processes in the Ili River delta under anthropogenic pressure. Water Resour. 38:253–256. and .
- 2008. Ecosystems – Have desert researchers discovered a hidden loop in the carbon cycle? Science 320:1409–1410.
- 1997. Quality control and flux sampling problems for tower and aircraft data. J. Atmosp. Ocean. Technol. 14:512–526. and .
- 2009. Improving land surface models with FLUXNET data. Biogeosciences 6:1341–1359. , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Large annual net ecosystem CO2 uptake of a Mojave Desert ecosystem. Glob. Change Biol. 14:1475–1487. , , and .
- 2009. CO2 absorption by alkaline soils and its implication to the global carbon cycle. Environ. Geol. 56:953–961. , , , , and .
- 2004. Seasonal variation in carbon dioxide exchange over a Mediterranean annual grassland in California. Agric. For. Meteorol. 123:79–96. and .
- 2011. Biophysical regulation of net ecosystem carbon dioxide exchange over a temperate desert steppe in Inner Mongolia, China. Agric. Ecosyst. Environ. 142:318–328. , , , and .