Temporal changes of soil physic-chemical properties at different soil depths during larch afforestation by multivariate analysis of covariance
Article first published online: 5 MAR 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Ecology and Evolution published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Ecology and Evolution
Volume 4, Issue 7, pages 1039–1048, April 2014
How to Cite
Ecology and Evolution 2014; 4(7):1039–1048
- Issue published online: 7 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 5 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 4 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 9 NOV 2012
- China's Ministry of Science and Technology. Grant Number: 2011CB403205
- China's National Foundation of Natural Sciences. Grant Numbers: 41373075, 31170575
- China's Postdoctoral Foundation. Grant Numbers: 201003406, 20080430126
- Ministry of Education of China. Grant Number: DL12DA03
- 2000. The method of the soil and agriculture chemical analysis. China Agriculture Press, Beijing.
- 1996. maximum rooting depth of vegetation types at the global scale. Oecologia 108:583–595. , , , , , and .
- 2001. Ectomycorrhizal fungi introduced with exotic pine plantations induce soil carbon depletion. Soil Biol. Biochem. 33:1733–1740. , , , and .
- 1986. The effect of community structure of artificial larch wood on physicochemical properties of Baijiang soil. J. Northeast For. Univ., 14(Suppl.):113–116.
- 2006. Evolution and evaluation of soil fertility in forest land in Larix gmelinii plantations at different development stages in Daxinganling forest region. Sci. Soil Water Conserv. 4:50–55. and .
- 2007. C:N: P stoichiometry in soil: is there a ‘‘Redfield ratio’’. Biogeochemistry 85:235–252. and .
- 1981. Changes in forest floor organic matter and nutrient content following clear cutting in northern hardwoods. Ecology 62:41–48.
- 2005. The mistreatment of covariate interaction terms in linear model analyses of behavioural and evolutionary ecology studies. Anim. Behav. 70:967–971.
- FAO. 2010. Global forest resources assessment 2010 Main report. FAO, Rome. 90–95.
- 2007. Stability of organic carbon in deep soil layers controlled by fresh carbon supply. Nature 450:277–281. , , , , , and .
- 2013. Hypothesis Tests for Multivariate Linear Models Using the car Package. R J. 5:39–52. , , and .
- 2004. Redistribution of phosphorus in soil through cover crop roots. Braz. Arch. Biol. Technol. 47:381–386. , , and .
- 1990. Larches: deciduous conifers in an evergreen world—in their harsh environments, these unique conifers support a net carbon gain similar to evergreens. Biosci, 40:818–826. and .
- 2011. Using SPSS for Windows and Macintosh: Analyzing and Understanding Data, 6th ed. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ. and .
- 2004. Spatio-temporal patterns of soil available nutrients following experimental disturbance in a pine forest. Oecologia 138:613–621. , , , and .
- 2013. Increasing phosphorus limitation along three successional forests in southern China. Plant Soil 364:181–191. , , , , , and .
- 1998. The degradation of soil fertility in pure larch plantations in the northeastern part of China. Ecol. Eng. 10:75–86. , , and .
- 2004. Ecosystem carbon storage in arctic tundra reduced by long-term nutrient fertilization. Nature 431:440–443. , , , , , and .
- 2010. Stoichiometric controls on carbon, nitrogen, and phosphorus dynamics in decomposing litter. Ecol. Monogr. 80:89–106. , , , and .
- 1997. Current status and development on the study of soil fertility decline during larch plantation growths. J. Northeast For. Univ. 2:59–63. and .
- 1999. Rapid accumulation and turnover of soil organic carbon storage in a re-establishing forest. Nature 400:56–58. , , , and .
- 2011. Deep soil organic matter—a key but poorly understood component of terrestrial C cycle. Plant Soil 338:143–158. and .
- 1991. On the maximum extent of tree roots. For. Ecol. Manage. 46:59–102. and .
- 1997. The changes of nutrient content and its effect on forest growth on the soil degraded by successive crop of Japanese larch. For. Res. 10:321–324. , , and .
- 1996. Methane consumption by montane soils: implications for positive and negative feedback with climatic change. Biogeochemistry 32:53–67. and .
- 2005. Plant Biomass and productivity of Larix gmelinii forest ecosystems in Northeast China: intra- and inter- species comparison. Eurasian J. For. Res. 8:21–41. , , , , , and .
- 2011. Changes in soil organic carbon, nitrogen, pH and bulk density with the development of larch (Larix gmelinii) plantations in China. Glob. Chang. Biol. 17:2657–2676. , , , , , , et al.
- 2012. Differences in biomass, litter layer mass and SOC storage changing with tree growth in Larix gmelinii plantations in Northeast China. Acta Ecol. Sin. 32:833–843. , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Soil changes induced by Acacia mangium plantation establishment: comparison with secondary forest and Imperata cylindrical grassland soils in South Sumatra, Indonesia. For. Ecol. Manage. 254:362–370. , , and .
- 2008. Effects of horizontal distance on fine root biomass and seasonal dynamics in Larix principis-rupprechtii plantation. J. Plant Ecol. (Chinese Version), 32:1277–1284. , , and .
- 1988. The influence of dominant shrubs, fire, and time since fire on soil seed banks in mixed chaparral. Vegetatio 75:175–187. and .