We are grateful to Marylin Williams and Hilary Nicholson who were the performers in these experiments and to the S.S.R.C. for financial support.
The communication of friendly and hostile attitudes by verbal and non-verbal signals†
Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2006
Copyright © 1971 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
European Journal of Social Psychology
Volume 1, Issue 3, pages 385–402, July/September 1971
How to Cite
Argyle, M., Alkema, F. and Gilmour, R. (1971), The communication of friendly and hostile attitudes by verbal and non-verbal signals. Eur. J. Soc. Psychol., 1: 385–402. doi: 10.1002/ejsp.2420010307
- Issue online: 22 FEB 2006
- Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!