Revised version of a paper presented to the European Association of Experimental Social Psychology working group on Social Judgment, Konstanz, September, 1970. The author is grateful to the other participants of the working group for their useful comments, and especially to Professor Charles McClintock for an extensive critical review of the present draft.
The positive-negative asymmetry: On cognitive consistency and positivity bias†
Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2006
Copyright © 1971 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
European Journal of Social Psychology
Volume 1, Issue 4, pages 455–474, October/December 1971
How to Cite
Peeters, G. (1971), The positive-negative asymmetry: On cognitive consistency and positivity bias. Eur. J. Soc. Psychol., 1: 455–474. doi: 10.1002/ejsp.2420010405
- Issue online: 22 FEB 2006
- Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!