This article is based on an invited address to Division 8 at the 1975 meetings of the American Psychological Association in Chicago, Illinois. I wish to thank Curt Banks, Michael Basseches, Donald Campbell, Uriel Foa, Mary Gergen, Robert Helmreich, Clyde Hendricks, Ian Lubek, Serge Moscovici, Franz Samelson, Paul Secord, Philip Shaver, Siegfried Streufert, Karl Weick, and Ricardo Zuniga for their valuable commentary on an earlier draft of this paper. Special appreciation is also expressed to Robert Pages for making the facilities of the Laboratoire de Psychologie Sociale, Universitt de Paris VII, available for completing the final manuscript.
Experimentation in social psychology: A reappraisal†
Article first published online: 22 FEB 2006
Copyright © 1978 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
European Journal of Social Psychology
Volume 8, Issue 4, pages 507–527, October/December 1978
How to Cite
Gergen, K. J. (1978), Experimentation in social psychology: A reappraisal. Eur. J. Soc. Psychol., 8: 507–527. doi: 10.1002/ejsp.2420080407
- Issue published online: 22 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 22 FEB 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 17 JUL 1978
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAR 1977
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!