This is a first report of the main results of a cross-lingual study done in 1984–1985 in close collaboration with Hilde Sas to whom the author is deeply indebted for her assuming responsibility not only for the organization of the 12 studies but also for the processing of the data.
Affective consequences of mere ownership: The name letter effect in twelve European languages
Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2006
Copyright © 1987 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
European Journal of Social Psychology
Volume 17, Issue 4, pages 381–402, October/December 1987
How to Cite
Nuttin, J. M. (1987), Affective consequences of mere ownership: The name letter effect in twelve European languages. Eur. J. Soc. Psychol., 17: 381–402. doi: 10.1002/ejsp.2420170402
- Issue online: 22 FEB 2006
- Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2006
- Manuscript Received: 28 MAR 1987
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!