Experiment 1 of this paper was carried out at the 1989 Summer School of the European Association of Experimental Social Psychology in Tilburg, The Netherlands. We thank the dean of the school, John Rijsman, and his staff for creating this opportunity for us to meet, learn from, and argue with others who we will keep on meeting, learning from, and arguing with on many future occasions. We also gratefully acknowledge the assistance of staff members of the Department of Social Psychology of Education of the University of Silesia in carrying out Experiment 2.
On becoming a leader: Effects of gender and cultural differences on power distance reduction†
Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2006
Copyright © 1993 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
European Journal of Social Psychology
Volume 23, Issue 4, pages 411–426, July/August 1993
How to Cite
Bruins, J., Den Ouden, M., Dépret, E., Extra, J., Górnik, M., Iannaccone, A., Kramarczyk, E., Melcher, W., Muñozs, J., Ng, S. H. and Steller, B. (1993), On becoming a leader: Effects of gender and cultural differences on power distance reduction. Eur. J. Soc. Psychol., 23: 411–426. doi: 10.1002/ejsp.2420230407
- Issue online: 22 FEB 2006
- Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 NOV 1992
- Manuscript Received: 21 FEB 1992
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!