The partnership between breast cancer advocates and scientists
Article first published online: 7 MAR 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis
Volume 39, Issue 2-3, pages 102–107, 2002
How to Cite
Platner, J. H., Bennett, L. M., Millikan, R. and Barker, M. D.G. (2002), The partnership between breast cancer advocates and scientists. Environ. Mol. Mutagen., 39: 102–107. doi: 10.1002/em.10055
- Issue published online: 29 MAR 2002
- Article first published online: 7 MAR 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 NOV 2001
- Manuscript Revised: 6 NOV 2001
- Manuscript Received: 1 NOV 2001
- 2000. Use of and attitudes about alternative and complementary therapies among outpatients and physicians at a municipal hospital. J Altern Complement Med 6: 335–343. , , , .
- Canadian Breast Cancer Research Institute (CBCRI). 2000. Essiac. http://www.breast.cancer.ca/.
- 1998. Contribution of theafulvins to the anti-mutagenicity of black tea: their mechanism of action. Mutagenesis 13: 631–636. , , , .
- 1995. Modifying actions of solvent extracts from fruit and vegetable residues on IQ and MeIQx induced mutagenesis in Salmonella typhimurium TA 98. Mutat Res 341: 303–318. , , .
- 1998. Environmental risk factors and female breast cancer. Annu Rev Public Health 19: 101–123. , .
- Lancet editorial. 2001. How consumers can and should improve clinical trials. Lancet 357: 1721.
- National Breast Cancer Coalition Fund (NBCCF). 2001. Breast cancer and the environment: background paper. http://www.stopbreastcancer.org/bin/index.asp?strid=37&depid=9&btnid=2.
- 1995. The Carolina Breast Cancer Study: integrating population-based epidemiology and molecular biology. Breast Cancer Res Treat 35: 51–60. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Dietary supplement use by women at risk for breast cancer recurrence. The Women's Healthy Eating and Living Study Group. J Am Diet Assoc 98: 285–292. .
- 1994. The Essiac handbook. Orlando, FL: Rideout Publishing Co. .
- 2002. Making epidemiologic studies responsive to the needs of participants and communities: the Carolina Breast Cancer Study experience. Environ Mol Mutagen 39: 95–100. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Counseling cancer patients about herbal medicine. Patient Educ Counsel 38: 109–120. , .
- 1992. Keeping hope alive. The Vancouver Sun, Vancouver, BC. .
- 1997. Mechanisms, proof, and unmet needs: the perspective of a cancer activist. Environ Health Perspect 105(Suppl 3): 685–687. .
- 2000. The chemistry and biological activity of herbs used in Flor-Essence™ Herbal Tonic and Essiac™. Phytother Res 14: 1–14. , , , .
- The University of Texas Center for Alternative Medicine Research (UT-CAM). 1999. Essiac summary. http://www.sph.uth.tmc.edu/utcam/summary/essiac.htm.
- 1996. Breast cancer and environmental risk factors: epidemiological and experimental findings. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 36: 573–596. , , , .
- World Summit Against Cancer for the New Millennium (WSAC). 2000. Charter of Paris against cancer: 4 February. http://www.charteragainstcancer.org/media/charter_eng.pdf.