The uncertainty is as important a part of the result as the estimate itself… . An estimate without a standard error is practically meaningless. Jeffreys (1967)
Special Issue Paper
Some examples of the communication of risk and uncertainty†
Article first published online: 12 FEB 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Special Issue: TIES 2008: Quantitative methods for environmental sustainability
Volume 21, Issue 7-8, pages 719–727, November - December 2010
How to Cite
Brillinger, D. R. (2010), Some examples of the communication of risk and uncertainty. Environmetrics, 21: 719–727. doi: 10.1002/env.1040
- Issue published online: 12 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 12 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Received: 7 DEC 2008
- NSF. Grant Numbers: DMS-0504162, DMS-0707157
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!