The uncertainty is as important a part of the result as the estimate itself… . An estimate without a standard error is practically meaningless. Jeffreys (1967)
Special Issue Paper
Some examples of the communication of risk and uncertainty†
Article first published online: 12 FEB 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Special Issue: TIES 2008: Quantitative methods for environmental sustainability
Volume 21, Issue 7-8, pages 719–727, November - December 2010
How to Cite
Brillinger, D. R. (2010), Some examples of the communication of risk and uncertainty. Environmetrics, 21: 719–727. doi: 10.1002/env.1040
- Issue published online: 12 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 12 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Received: 7 DEC 2008
- NSF. Grant Numbers: DMS-0504162, DMS-0707157
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!