Seismic risk assessment of interdependent critical infrastructure systems: The case of European gas and electricity networks
Article first published online: 4 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics
Volume 41, Issue 1, pages 61–79, January 2012
How to Cite
Poljanšek, K., Bono, F. and Gutiérrez, E. (2012), Seismic risk assessment of interdependent critical infrastructure systems: The case of European gas and electricity networks. Earthquake Engng. Struct. Dyn., 41: 61–79. doi: 10.1002/eqe.1118
- Issue published online: 19 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 4 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 7 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Received: 21 APR 2010
- 1Random Graphs. Academic Press: London, 1985..
- 12Seismic reliability of electric power transmission systems. In The 12th International Conference on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology, Kussmaul K (ed.).Elsevier Publishers B.V.: Amsterdam, 1993., , .
- 13Seismic performance analysis of electric power systems. MCEER Research Progress and Accomplishments 1997–1999;61–69., , , .
- 14Structural upgrading strategy for electric power networks under seismic action. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics 2000; 29(7):1053–1073. DOI: 10.1002/1096-9845(200007)29:7〈1053::AID-EQE954〉3.0.CO;2-X..
- 16Platts. Available from: http://www.platts.com, 2008.
- 17GIS-based method to assess seismic vulnerability of interconnected infrastructure: a case of EU gas and electricity networks. JRC Scientific and Technical Reports. EUR 24275 EN. Luxembourg (Luxembourg): Publications Office of the European Union, 2010. JRC57064. DOI: 10.2788/71352., , .
- 18Environmental Systems Research Institute. ArcGIS 9—Geoprocessing Commands Quick Reference Guide. ESRI Press: Redlands, CA, U.S.A., 2005.
- 19LandScanTM Global Population Database. Oak Ridge National Laboratory: Oak Ridge, TN. Available from: http://www.ornl.gov/landscan/, 2009.
- 20Network Analysis: Methodological Foundations. Springer: Berlin, Heidelberg, Germany, 2005., .
- 21The GSHAP global seismic hazard map. In International Handbook of Earthquake and Engineering Seismology, International Geophysics Series 81 B, Lee W,Kanamori H,Jennings P,Kisslinger CAcademic Press: Amsterdam, 2003;1233–1239., , , .
- 222007. Available from: http://www.esse1.mi.ingv.it/d2.html., . Stime di pericolosità sismica per diverse probabilità di superamento in 50 anni: valori di ag. Progetto DPC-INGV S1, Deliverable D2,
- 23Environmental agency of the Republic of Slovenia. Available from: http://www.arso.si [23 February 2009].
- 26FEMA. HAZUS-MH technical manual: earthquake model. Multi Hazard Loss Estimation Methodology. United States Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Washington, DC, 2003.
- 27Factors affecting water supply damage caused by the northridge earthquake. Proceedings of the 6th US National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Seattle, WA, June, 1998;1–12., , .
- 30Pajek 1.22. Available from: http://www.vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/pub/networks/pajek/ [February 2008].