Out-of-plane stability of buckling-restrained braces including moment transfer capacity
Version of Record online: 8 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Authors Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics
Volume 43, Issue 6, pages 851–869, May 2014
How to Cite
Takeuchi, T., Ozaki, H., Matsui, R. and Sutcu, F. (2014), Out-of-plane stability of buckling-restrained braces including moment transfer capacity. Earthquake Engng. Struct. Dyn., 43: 851–869. doi: 10.1002/eqe.2376
- Issue online: 14 APR 2014
- Version of Record online: 8 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 4 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 13 JUL 2013
- 1Architectural Institute of Japan: Recommendations for stability design of steel structures, Sec. 3.5 Buckling-Restrained Braces, 2009, 74–79.
- 2AISC341-10: Seismic provisions for structural steel buildings, 2010, F4: Buckling-Restrained Braced Frames.
- 6Seismic design and hybrid tests of a full-scale three-story buckling-restrained braced frame using welded end connections and thin profile. Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics 2012; 41:1001–1020., , , , , , , , , , .
- 8Criteria of buckling-restrained braces to prevent out-of-plane buckling, Proceedings of 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 2008., , , .
- 11Out-of-plane stability of buckling-restrained braces, Proceedings of ASCE Structural Congress, 2011., , , .
- 12Out-of-plane stability of buckling-restrained braces, Proceeding of 15th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 2012., ,
- 15An experimental study on steel-encased buckling-restrained brace hysteretic dampers. Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics 2010; 39:561–581., .
- 17Effective buckling length of buckling restrained braces considering rotational stiffness at restrainer ends, 7th International Conference on Urban Earthquake Engineering & 5th International Conference on Earthquake Engineering Proceedings, 2010; 1049–1058., , , , .