Environmental risk assessment for ancillary substances in biotechnological production of pharmaceuticals
Article first published online: 6 FEB 2012
Copyright © 2011 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 31, Issue 3, pages 681–687, March 2012
How to Cite
Straub, J. O., Gysel, D., Kastl, U., Klemmer, J., Sonderegger, M. and Studer, M. (2012), Environmental risk assessment for ancillary substances in biotechnological production of pharmaceuticals. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 31: 681–687. doi: 10.1002/etc.1733
- Issue published online: 24 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 6 FEB 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 21 DEC 2011 06:17PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 13 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Received: 4 AUG 2011
- 3European Agency for the Evaluation of Medical Products. 2006. Note for guidance on environmental risk assessment of medicinal products for human use. CPMP/SWP/4447/00. European Agency for the Evaluation of Medical Products, London, UK.
- 4Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). 2011. Guidelines for Testing of Chemicals. OECD, Paris, France.
- 5International Standardization Organization (ISO). 2006. International Organization for Standardization: Water Quality–Toxicity Test for Assessing the Inhibition of Nitrification of Activated Sludge Micro-Organisms, 2nd ed. ISO, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 7European Commission, Joint Research Centre. 2003. European Commission. Technical Guidance Document on Risk Assessment in Support of Commission Directive 93/67/EEC on Risk Assessment for New Notified Substances, Commission Regulation (EC) 1488/94 on Risk Assessment for Existing Substances and Directive 98/8/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the Placing of Biocidal Products on the Market. European Chemicals Bureau, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection, Ispra, Italy.
- 9European Commission, Joint Research Centre. 2004. Summary Risk Assessment Report Edetic Acid (EDTA), CAS: 60-00-4 EINECS: 200-449-4. European Commission, Joint Research Centre, Ispra, Italy.
- 131995. Influence of physiological conditions on EDTA degradation. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 44: 109– 197., , .
- 152005. Sicherheitsdatenblatt MOPS-Na, 02.12.2005. Raschig GmbH, Ludwigshafen, Germany..
- 16Analytyka. 2008. MSDS Material Safety Data Sheet, PIPES (1,4-Piperazinebis(ethanesulfonic acid)) 98.5+%. Analytyka, Escobedo, Mexico.
- 172009. State of the art report on mixture toxicity. Report for Directorate General for the Environment of the European Commission. European Commission, Luxembourg., , .
- 18Clarke's Analysis of Drugs and Poisons, 4th ed. Pharmaceutical Press, New York, NY, USA..