Polychlorinated biphenyls and their hydroxylated metabolites in wild fish from wheatley Harbour Area of Concern, Ontario, Canada
Article first published online: 24 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 Crown in the Right of Canada
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 31, Issue 12, pages 2788–2797, December 2012
How to Cite
Gilroy, È. A.M., Muir, D. G.C., McMaster, M. E., Darling, C., Campbell, L. M., de Solla, S. R., Parrott, J. L., Brown, S. B. and Sherry, J. P. (2012), Polychlorinated biphenyls and their hydroxylated metabolites in wild fish from wheatley Harbour Area of Concern, Ontario, Canada. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 31: 2788–2797. doi: 10.1002/etc.2023
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 24 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 1 OCT 2012 07:08PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 29 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 29 JAN 2012
- 1Environment Canada. 2003. Canada's RAP progress report 2003. Burlington, ON.
- 21968. Some notes on small confined harbour pollution characteristics, Wheatley. Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Toronto, ON, Canada.
- 31995. Laboratory sediment bioassay report on Wheatley Harbour sediments 1992. PIBS 2479. Ontario Ministry of the Environment and Energy, Etobicoke, ON, Canada.,
- 42003. Sediment quality and fish tissue contaminant investigations in Muddy Creek, 2002 ECB/EHD-OR/03–05/I. Environment Canada, Burlington, ON., , ,
- 82000. Methyl sulfone and hydroxylated metabolites of polychlorinated biphenyls. In Passivirta J, ed, 3K New Types of Persistent Halogenated Compounds 11. Springer, Berlin, Germany, pp 315–359., ,
- 161998. Interactions of persistent environmental organohalogens with the thyroid hormone system: Mechanisms and possible consequences for animal and human health. Toxicol Ind Health 14:59–84., , , , , , ,
- 192007. Snapping turtles (Chelydra serpentina) as bioindicators in Canadian Areas of Concern in the Great Lakes basin. 1. Polybrominated diphenyl ethers, polychlorinated biphenyls, and organochlorine pesticides in eggs. Environ Sci Technol 41:7252–7259., , , , ,
- 252012. Assessment of the health status of wild fish from the Wheatley Harbour Area of Concern, Ontario, Canada. Environ Toxicol Chem 31:2798–2811 (this issue)., , , , , ,
- 351999. A Hitchiker's Guide to Statistics in Plant Biology. Any Old Subject Books, Guelph, ON, Canada.
- 361992. Numerical Recipes in C. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK., , ,
- 37Environment Canada. 2005. Canadian Tissue Residue Guidelines–Dioxins and Furans. National Guidelines and Standards Office, Ottawa, ON, Canada.
- 391999. MFO induction in fish: A tool to measure environmental exposure. In Rao SS, ed, Impact assessment of hazardous aquatic contaminants: concepts and approaches. CRC, New York, NY, USA, pp 99–122., ,