Toxicity of diesel contaminated soils to the subantarctic earthworm Microscolex macquariensis
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 32, Issue 2, pages 370–377, February 2013
How to Cite
Mooney, T. J., King, C. K., Wasley, J. and Andrew, N. R. (2013), Toxicity of diesel contaminated soils to the subantarctic earthworm Microscolex macquariensis. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 32: 370–377. doi: 10.1002/etc.2060
- Issue published online: 16 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 NOV 2012 11:23AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 9 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 6 JUN 2012
- 31997. Biodiversity and ecosystem functioning in soil. Ambio 26: 563–570..
- 52008. Contamination, regulation, and remediation: An introduction to bioremediation of petroleum hydrocarbons in cold regions. In Filler DM, Barnes DL, Snape I, eds, Bioremediation of Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Cold Regions. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom, pp 1–37., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 171994. Identification and preliminary assessment of contaminated sites in the Australian Antarctic Territory. 1. Casey Station. Australian Antarctic Division, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, , .
- 23Environment Canada. 2003. Tests for Toxicity of Contaminated Soil to Earthworms (Eisenia andrei, Eisenia fetida, or Lumbricus terrestris), EPS 1/RM/43. Environmental Technology Centre, Ottawa, Ontario.
- 25International Organization for Standardization. 2008. Avoidance Test for Determining the Quality of Soils and Effects of Chemicals on Behaviour. Part 1: Test with Earthworms (Eisenia foetida and Eisenia andrei). ISO/DIS 17512-1, Paris, France.
- 26Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. 1984. OECD guildelines for the testing of chemicals. 207, Earthworm Acute Toxicity Test,Paris, France.
- 27Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. 2004. OECD Guideline for the testing of chemicals. 222. Earthworm reproduction test (Eisenia fetida/Eisenia andrei), Paris, France.
- 28Parks and Wildlife Service. 2006. Macquarie Island Nature Reserve and World Heritage Area Management Plan. Parks and Wildlife Service, Department of Tourism, Arts and the Environment, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.
- 292006. The invertebrates of Macquarie island. Australian Antarctic Division, Kingston, Tasmania, Australia., .
- 302011. Soil Chemical Methods - Australasia. CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood Victoria, Australia., .
- 311998. Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater 20 ed. American Public Health Association, American Water Works, Association, Water Environment Federation, Baltimore, MD, USA., , .
- 37National Environmental Protection Council. 2010. National Environmental Protection (Assessment of Site Contamination) Measure (draft variation). Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.
- 38Canadian Council for Ministers of the Environment. 2008. Canada-Wide Standards for Petroleum Hydrocarbons (PHC) in Soil. Winnipeg
- 402002. Species sensitivity distributions revisited: A critical appraisal. Hum Ecol Risk Assess 8: 473–492., .