Dietary exposure of mink (Mustela vison) to fish from the upper Hudson River, New York, USA: Effects on reproduction and offspring growth and mortality
Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 32, Issue 4, pages 780–793, April 2013
How to Cite
Bursian, S. J., Kern, J., Remington, R. E., Link, J. E. and Fitzgerald, S. D. (2013), Dietary exposure of mink (Mustela vison) to fish from the upper Hudson River, New York, USA: Effects on reproduction and offspring growth and mortality. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 32: 780–793. doi: 10.1002/etc.2110
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 4 JAN 2013 02:30PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 3 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 31 JUL 2012
- 2U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 1997. Phase 2 Report, Volume 2C. Data evaluation and interpretation report: Hudson River PCBs reassessment RI/FS. New York, NY.
- 62001. Progress report on Hudson River mammals: Polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) levels in mink, otter, and muskrat and trapping results for mink, the Upper Hudson River drainage, 1998–2000. Progress Report. New York Department of Environmental Conservation, Albany, NY, USA.,
- 81996. Development of otter based-quality objectives for PCBs. Institute for Environmental Studies, Vrije University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands., , , ,
- 172006. Dietary exposure of mink (Mustela vison) to fish from the Housatonic River, Berkshire County, MA, USA: Effects on organ weights and histology and hepatic concentrations of polychlorinated biphenyls and 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin toxic equivalents. Environ Toxicol Chem 25:1541–1550., , , , , , , , ,
- 212013. Dietary exposure of mink (Mustela vison) to fish from the upper Hudson River, New York, USA: Effects on organ mass and pathology. Environ Toxicol Chem 32:794–801 (this issue)., , , ,
- 22National Research Council. 1982. Nutrient Requirements of Mink and Foxes, Vol. 7. Nutrient Requirements of Domestic Animals. National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC.
- 23Alpha Woods Hole Lab. 2006. AWH SOP O-015, Rev. 0.2. Determination of PCB homologs, individual congeners, and pesticides by GCMS-SIM, and addendum for Hudson River NRDA. Bedford, NH.
- 24Alpha Woods Hole Lab. 2005. AWH SOP M-001, Rev. 3.0. Inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry by U.S. EPA method 6020A. Bedford, NH.
- 25Alpha Woods Hole Lab. 2007. AWH SOP M-006 Rev. 3.0. Mercury determination by cold vapor atomic absorption spectroscopy by U.S. EPA method 7471A. Bedford, NH.
- 26AXYS Analytical Services. 2006. AXYS method MLA-010, Rev. 08. Analytical method for the determination of 209 PCB congeners by U.S. EPA method 1668A. Sidney, BC, Canada.
- 27AXYS Analytical Services. 2006. AXYS method MLA-007, Rev. 09. Analytical method for the determination of aroclors, total PCBs, chlorinated pesticides, PCB congeners, coplanar PCBs, toxaphene, and chlorobenzenes. Sidney, BC, Canada.
- 28AXYS Analytical Services. 2006. AXYS method MLA-017, Rev. 12. Analytical method for the determination of polychlorinated dibenzodioxins and furans by U.S. EPA method 1613B. Sidney, BC, Canada.
- 29AXYS Analytical Services. 2006. AXYS method MLA-033, Rev. 03. Analytical method for determination of brominated diphenyl Ethers (BDE) by U.S. EPA method 1614. Sidney, BC, Canada.
- 30Fur Commission USA. 2003. Standard guidelines for the operation of mink farms in the United States. Fur Commission USA, Coronado, CA.
- 321989. Generalized Linear Models, 2nd ed. Monographs on Statistics and Applied Probability 37. Chapman and Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, FL, USA.,
- 331996. Applied Linear Statistical Models, 4th ed. Irwin, Chicago, IL, USA., , ,
- 342003. Generalized Estimating Equations. Chapman and Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, FL, USA.,
- 371981. Feed consumption and food passage time in mink (Mustela vison) and European ferrets (Mustela putorius furo). Lab Anim Sci 3:268–269.,