Mercury in the seafood and human exposure in coastal area of Guangdong province, South China
Version of Record online: 15 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 32, Issue 3, pages 541–547, March 2013
How to Cite
Li, P., Feng, X., Liang, P., Man Chan, H., Yan, H. and Chen, L. (2013), Mercury in the seafood and human exposure in coastal area of Guangdong province, South China. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 32: 541–547. doi: 10.1002/etc.2113
- Issue online: 15 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 15 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 DEC 2012 06:29PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 31 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 22 JUL 2012
Vol. 32, Issue 4, 967, Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2013
- 5World Health Organization. 1990. Environmental Health Criteria 101: Methylmercury. Geneva, Switzerland.
- 6U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 2001. Water quality criterion for the protection of human health: Methylmercury. EPA 823/R-01/001. Washington, DC.
- 7Standardization Administration of China. 2005. Maximum levels of contaminants in foods. GB 2762-2005. Beijing, China.
- 8Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the World Health Organization. 2003. Summary and Conclusions, Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives Sixty-First Meeting, Rome, Italy, June 10–19, 2003.
- 9U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 1997. Mercury study report to the Congress, Vol V: Health effects of mercury and mercury compounds. EPA 452/R-97/003. Washington, DC.
- 12National Bureau of Statistics of China. 2010. China Statistical Yearbook: 2010. China Statistics Press, Beijing, China.
- 18U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 2000. Guidance for assessing chemical contaminant data for use in fish advisories, Vol. 1: Fish sampling and analysis. EPA 823/B-00/007. Washington, DC.
- 192005. A methodological development in measuring total mercury in fish using semi-closed digestion and CVAFS. Earth Environ 33:89–92., , , ,
- 362008. The evolution rule and ecology risk assessment of mercury in fish of Songhua River. J Agro-Environ Sci 27:2430–2433., , , ,
- 372005. Mercury contamination of fish in the Di'er Songhua River of China: The present station and evolution law. Eco Environ 14:190–194., ,
- 392006. Analysis of total mercury and methylmercury concentrations in four commercially important freshwater fish species obtained from Beijing markets. J Hygiene Res 35:722–725., , , , , ,
- 41U.S. Food and Drug Administration. 2010. Mercury levels in commercial fish and shellfish (1990–2010). Silver Spring, MD.
- 42Health Canada. 2007. Human health risk assessment of mercury in fish and health benefits of fish consumption. Bureau of Chemical Safety, Food Directorate, Health Products and Food Branch, Ottawa, Ontario.
- 452008. Present situation of fish mercury pollution in heavily mercury-contaminated Baihua Reservoir in Guizhou. Chi J Eco 27:1357–1361., , , , ,