Mathematical relationships between metrics of chemical bioaccumulation in fish
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 32, Issue 7, pages 1459–1466, July 2013
How to Cite
Mackay, D., Arnot, J. A., Gobas, F. A.P.C. and Powell, D. E. (2013), Mathematical relationships between metrics of chemical bioaccumulation in fish. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 32: 1459–1466. doi: 10.1002/etc.2205
- Issue published online: 4 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 17 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 FEB 2013 09:19AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 20 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 2 NOV 2012
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada and to DMER Ltd
- European Chemical Industry Council Long-Range Research Initiative program
- 2United Nations Environment Programme. 2001. Final Act of the Conference of Plenipotentiaries on the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants. Geneva, Switzerland, pp 44.
- 15Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. 1996. Bioconcentration: Flow-through fish test 305. OECD Guidelines for Testing Chemicals. Paris, France.
- 16Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. 2012. Bioaccumulation in Fish: Aqueous and dietary exposure guideline 305. OECD Guidelines for Testing Chemicals. Paris, France.
- 24Gobas FAPC. 2010. Relationship between the bioconcentration factor (BCF) and the trophic magnification factor (TMF). 31st Annual Meeting, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry North America, Portland OR, USA.
- 282012. Fugacity: The Rosetta Stone for interpreting bioaccumulation and biomagnification in aquatic environments. 33rd Annual Meeting, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry–North America, Long Beach, CA, USA., , , ,
- 292012. Uncertainty of bioaccumulation and biomagnification measurements in natural aquatic food webs: A sensitivity analysis approach. 6th World Congress Meeting, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry and the 22nd Annual Meeting of Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry–Europe, Berlin, Germany., , , , ,