ET&C Impact Paper
The biotic ligand model approach for addressing effects of exposure water chemistry on aquatic toxicity of metals: Genesis and challenges
Article first published online: 25 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 32, Issue 6, pages 1212–1214, June 2013
How to Cite
Erickson, R. J. (2013), The biotic ligand model approach for addressing effects of exposure water chemistry on aquatic toxicity of metals: Genesis and challenges. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 32: 1212–1214. doi: 10.1002/etc.2222
- Issue published online: 25 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 25 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 28 JAN 2013
- 61985. Factors that modify toxicity. In Rand GM, Petrocelli SR, eds, Fundamentals of Aquatic Toxicology. Hemisphere, Washington, DC, USA, pp 124–163.
- 71987. Trace metal speciation and toxicity to aquatic organisms - a review. TR 247. Water Research Centre, Marlow, Bucks, UK.
- 81995. Interactions between trace metals and aquatic organisms: A critique of the free-ion activity model. In Tessier A, Turner DR, eds, Metal Speciation and Bioavailability in Aquatic Systems. John Wiley, Chichester, UK, pp 46–102.
- 101985. Guidelines for deriving numerical water quality criteria for the protection of aquatic organisms and their uses. PB85-227049. National Technical Information Service. Springfield, VA, USA., , , , ,
- 111983. Principles of Aquatic Chemistry. Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA.
- 151997. Chemical speciation and metal toxicity in surface freshwater. In Bergman HL, Dorward-King EJ, eds, Reassessment of Metals Criteria for Aquatic Life Protection. SETAC Press, Pensacola, FL, USA, pp 57–70., , , , , , , ,
- 161997. Reassessment of Metals Criteria for Aquatic Life Protection. SETAC Press, Pensacola, FL, USA.,
- 182008. Bioavailability of chemical contaminants in aquatic systems. In DiGiulio RT, Hinton DE, eds, The Toxicology of Fishes. Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, FL, USA, pp 9–54., , ,
- 19US Environmental Protection Agency. 2007. Aquatic life ambient freshwater quality criteria - copper. EPA/822/R/07/001. Washington, DC.