Transfer kinetics of perfluorooctane sulfonate from water and sediment to a marine benthic fish, the marbled flounder (Pseudopleuronectes yokohamae)
Article first published online: 11 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of SETAC
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 32, Issue 9, pages 2009–2017, September 2013
How to Cite
Sakurai, T., Kobayashi, J., Kinoshita, K., Ito, N., Serizawa, S., Shiraishi, H., Lee, J.-H., Horiguchi, T., Maki, H., Mizukawa, K., Imaizumi, Y., Kawai, T. and Suzuki, N. (2013), Transfer kinetics of perfluorooctane sulfonate from water and sediment to a marine benthic fish, the marbled flounder (Pseudopleuronectes yokohamae). Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 32: 2009–2017. doi: 10.1002/etc.2270
- Issue published online: 25 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 11 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 MAY 2013 03:43AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 2 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 14 NOV 2012
Vol. 32, Issue 10, 2417, Article first published online: 4 SEP 2013
- 2United Nations. 2009. Adoption of amendments to annexes A, B, and C of Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants. XXVII.15. New York, NY, USA.
- 15Japan's Ministry of the Environment. 2004. Chemicals in the environment—Report of development of analytical methods for environmental surveys. Tokyo, Japan (in Japanese).
- 16Japan's Ministry of the Environment. 2010. Report of the FY2009 survey on the accumulation of dioxins and other chemical compounds in humans. Tokyo, Japan (in Japanese).
- 171999. Nonparametric Statistical Methods, 2nd ed. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA.,
- 201994. An Introduction to the Bootstrap. Chapman and Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, FL, USA, p 242,
- 221990. Relationship between oxygen consumption and body weight in 36 marine teleost fish under resting and normoxic condition. Suisanzoshoku 38:41–45 (in Japanese)., , ,
- 251992. Blood and extracellular fluid volume regulation: Role of the renin–angiotensin system, kallikrein–kinin system and atrial natriuretic peptides. In Hoar WS, Randall DJ, Farrell AP, eds, The Cardiovascular System, Vol 12B—Fish Physiology. Academic, San Diego, CA, USA, pp 135–254.
- 273M. 2003. Environmental and health assessment of perfluorooctane sulfonic acid and its salts. Environmental Protection Agency Docket AR226-1486.
- 302001. Fluorinated Surfactants and Repellents, 2nd ed. Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA.
- 321988. Changes of oxygen consumption in black stripe gudgeon, longnose barbel, biwa gudgeon, lakeweed chub, bald gigi and bluegill under progressive hypoxia. Suisanzoshoku 36:127–130 (in Japanese)., , ,
- 331956. Rate of Metabolism and Food Requirements of Fishes. Translation Series 194 (1960). Fisheries Research Board of Canada, Nanaimo, Canada.
- 372005. Reproductive and developmental toxicity and bioconcentration of perfluorooctanesulfonate in a partial life-cycle test with the fathead minnow (Pimephales promelas). Environ Toxicol Chem 24:2316–2324., , , , , ,
- 391969. Salt secretion. In Hoar WS, Randall DJ, eds, Excretion, Ionic Regulation, and Metabolism, Vol 1—Fish Physiology. Academic, New York, NY, USA, pp 241–292.
- 401970. Gas exchange in fish. In Hoar WS, Randall DJ, eds, The Nervous System, Circulation and Respiration, Vol 4—Fish Physiology. Academic, New York, NY, USA, pp 253–292.