Can we reduce the number of fish in the OECD acute toxicity test?
Article first published online: 19 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 30, Issue 4, pages 1006–1011, April 2011
How to Cite
Rufli, H. and Springer, T. A. (2011), Can we reduce the number of fish in the OECD acute toxicity test?. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 30: 1006–1011. doi: 10.1002/etc.465
- Issue published online: 4 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 19 FEB 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 JAN 2011 04:51PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 19 NOV 2010
- Manuscript Received: 27 JUL 2010
- 1Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. 1992. Fish, Acute Toxicity Test. OECD Guideline 203. Paris, France.
- 21964. Statistical Method in Biological Assay. Charles Griffin, London, United Kingdom, pp 1–668..
- 4Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. 2007. Avian Acute Oral Toxicity Test. Proposal for a new OECD Guideline 223. Paris, France.
- 5Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. 2006. 48h-Fish Embryo Toxicity Test (FET). Draft Proposal for a New OECD Test Guideline. Paris, France.
- 7Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. 2009. The Threshold Approach for Acute Fish Toxicity Testing. Draft OECD Guidance Document. Paris, France.
- 8European Commission. 2010. Directive 2010/63/EU of the European Parliament and the Council of 22 September 2010 on the protection of animals used for scientific purposes. Official Journal of the European Union L 276, 20.10. pp 33–79.