Use of vegetated agricultural drainage ditches to decrease pesticide transport from tomato and alfalfa fields in California, USA
Article first published online: 25 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 30, Issue 5, pages 1044–1049, May 2011
How to Cite
Moore, M. T., Denton, D. L., Cooper, C. M., Wrysinski, J., Miller, J. L., Werner, I., Horner, G., Crane, D., Holcomb, D. B. and Huddleston, G. M. (2011), Use of vegetated agricultural drainage ditches to decrease pesticide transport from tomato and alfalfa fields in California, USA. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 30: 1044–1049. doi: 10.1002/etc.474
- Issue published online: 7 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 25 FEB 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 1 FEB 2011 06:36PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 NOV 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 28 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Received: 13 AUG 2010
- 11996. Control of water pollution from agriculture–FAO irrigation and drainage paper 55. Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations, Rome, Italy..
- 22000. Water woes: An analysis of pesticide concentrations in California surface water. California Public Interest Research Group Charitable Trust and Pesticide Action Network Regional Center, San Francisco, CA, USA., , .
- 3U.S. Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service. 1999. CORE4 Conservation Practices Training Guide. Washington, DC.
- 41992. Developing design guidelines for constructed wetlands to remove pesticides from agricultural runoff. Ecol Eng 1: 83–95., .
- 51993. Controlling agricultural runoff by use of constructed wetlands. In MoshiriGA, ed, Constructed Wetlands for Water Quality Improvement. CRC, Boca Raton, FL, USA, pp 359–367., , , .
- 71999. Workgroup V Synopsis: Constructed wetlands as a risk mitigation alternative. In LewisMA, MayerFL, PowellRL, NelsonMK, KlaineSJ, HenryMG, DicksonGW, eds, Ecotoxicology and Risk Assessment for Wetlands. SETAC, Pensacola, FL, USA., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 132002. Innovative uses of vegetated drainage ditches for reducing agricultural runoff. Proceedings, 6th International Conference on Diffuse Pollution. Amsterdam, The Netherlands, September 30 to October 4, pp 119–126., , , , .
- 142002. Alternative environmental benefits of agricultural drainage ditches. Verh Internat Verein Limnol 28: 1–5., , , , .
- 17California Department of Pesticide Regulation. 2009. Use trends of cholinesterase-inhibiting pesticides, Table 6a. Sacramento, CA, USA.
- 18California Department of Pesticide Regulation. 2009. Summary of pesticide use report data, 2008, indexed by chemical. Sacramento, CA, USA.
- 192005. Managing resistance is critical to future use of pyrethroids and neonicotinoids. Calif Agric 59: 11–15., , .
- 21Dow AgroSciences. 2010. Fate and behavior. Indianapolis, IN, USA.
- 252003. Effectiveness of vegetated buffer strips in reducing pesticide transport in simulated runoff. Trans ASAE (Am Soc Agric Eng) 46: 635–644., , .
- 34U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 2009. Aquatic Life Benchmarks. Office of Pesticide Programs, Washington, DC.
- 36Extension Toxicology Network (EXTOXNET). 1996. Pesticide information profiles. Corvallis, OR, USA.
- 371999. Handbook of Environmental Fate and Exposure Data for Organic Chemicals. Pesticides, Vol 3. Lewis, Boca Raton, FL, USA..
- 38U.S. Department of Agriculture. 1995. Agricultural Research Service Pesticide Properties Database. Washington, DC.
- 392007. Pesticide Action Network Pesticide Database. Pesticide Action Network North America. San Francisco, CA, USA., , .